You like a certain form combo from Kamen Rider W? Now you can carry it around you in the form of a great DSLR! Pentax K-X!

pentax-k-x-dslr-002.jpg

From the list I can see Cyclonejoker (41), Cyclonemetal (42), Heatmetal (21), Heattrigger (25), Lunajoker (46), Lunatrigger (50)

Cyclonetrigger, Lunametal, Lunatrigger can be had if you reverse the colors. I think reverse Cyclonemetal (100) actually looks better than the other way round, lol. Heatjoker and Fangjoker is available in US and Canada as a normal release.

Unfortunately these "funky" combinations are only sold in japan and therfore ends up being tad more expensive and will net you around 900-1000 USD from ebay using proxy services. You can still get Heat Joker and Fang Joker for the outside japan market though. I myself just got my Fangjoker combo from prodigital2000, 550$ shipped :D

IMGP9779.jpg

I'm quite an avid user of DSLRs in general, and I think K-x is probably the best entry-level camera right now, with the Nikon D300 sensor + video mode and all :) Take a look at the reviews around and you'll see that other than some minor quirks, it's a highly recommended camera for beginners. I'm not even a beginner (15 lenses) and I bought this camera just for the High ISO capability.

For closer look on how the model looks, use the simulator here http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-x/#/simulator/090101

Last edited:
And since threads are useless without pics, here's some generally high ISO shots (read: super dark) shots that I took today in a dancing competition ;) These are not staged and the camera have to help me keep up with the flow of the dancers
AndiLo-9145-2.jpg

AndiLo-9896-2.jpg

AndiLo-9749-2.jpg

AndiLo-9724-2.jpg

Last edited:
1. Digital (no one really makes film cameras anymore),
2. rechargeable AA batteries (pentax speciality),
3. 550 shipped right now from prodigital2000. Price will drop more if you are willing to wait... although not by too much. In three months it will probably drop to 480$ ish
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-WHITE-PENTAX...wItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item1c0fc173bd

Although you might want to consider the Amazon dual lens kit (640$) if all black is okay (55-300 is a great lens; the 'full' version is worth 270$ used; 100$ new for the slightly dumbed-down version is a steal)... although getting an all-black DSLR like what everyone has is not the point of this thread! :D
http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-x-2-...to&qid=1264370803&sr=1-4&tag=ontarioyourst-20. I've heard 500$ for the black kit (one lens) at other places too...

Last edited:
PARTY HARD
...Isn't Decade's camera a film camera?

Do they sell only at special camera stores?

Those are some nice camera's. And 550 for a DSLR is not too bad, considering good ones go waaaaaaaaaaaaay over that.

...Isn't Decade's camera a film camera?

Do they sell only at special camera stores?

Decade's camera is considered a toy camera; but you're right, there are still various manufacturers of toy film cameras that I did overlook, and the medium format / large format stuff that's still in production ;)

Decade's camera is considered a toy camera; but you're right, there are still various manufacturers of toy film cameras that I did overlook, and the medium format / large format stuff that's still in production ;)
Well to this day film is still superior to digital only because it can take things at a way higher res.

Well to this day film is still superior to digital only because it can take things at a way higher res.

Only if you can scan the medium / large format stuff... I'd argue that the full frame DSLRs pretty much already exceeded 35mm, if only because these days it's almost impossible to find an lab that can print 35mm bigger than the labs can for DSLRs.

I still love film though, dont get me wrong :p (I use 3 film cameras + 1 holga)