Dances on tables
I really didn't know where else to put this, and I didn't want to clog up another thread with a silly question but...My mother had ordered me Shinkengold, OOO Tatoba and Figuarts Wing Knight for me from AmiAmi a few days ago [I can't remember exactly when] and we've paid and all that but it didn't deposit until today, and AmiAmi is closed for Golden Week. Errr...I guess I should get straight to the problem. We're going to be out of state from May 5th to May 11th and have no one to pick up a package for us if it comes when we're gone. Since this is my first time ordering from AmiAmi, I have a few questions about what I should do.

1) How long does it usually take for EMS to get from Japan to the US (Specifically New York, if that makes a difference) from the time it is shipped out?
2) If it is delivered when we're not here, what will happen?
3) related to question 1, how long do these things usually stay in US customs?

I know this is all pretty stupid and I probably should've researched a little bit more before having it all placed and ordered, especially before Golden Week and before our vacation, but I'd really just like some help with this if anyone can :sweat:

Again I feel really stupid for letting this all happen when I knew what was going to go on in a week or two. :disappoin

:170:
I really didn't know where else to put this, and I didn't want to clog up another thread with a silly question but...My mother had ordered me Shinkengold, OOO Tatoba and Figuarts Wing Knight for me from AmiAmi a few days ago [I can't remember exactly when] and we've paid and all that but it didn't deposit until today, and AmiAmi is closed for Golden Week. Errr...I guess I should get straight to the problem. We're going to be out of state from May 5th to May 11th and have no one to pick up a package for us if it comes when we're gone. Since this is my first time ordering from AmiAmi, I have a few questions about what I should do.

1) How long does it usually take for EMS to get from Japan to the US (Specifically New York, if that makes a difference) from the time it is shipped out?

I know this is all pretty stupid and I probably should've researched a little bit more before having it all placed and ordered, especially before Golden Week and before our vacation, but I'd really just like some help with this if anyone can :sweat:

Again I feel really stupid for letting this all happen when I knew what was going to go on in a week or two. :disappoin

O man.. you messed it up~! **Joking** :laugh:

1. You should get payment confirmation email from them saying that they hav received your payment.

2. It's Golden Week in Japan. They're not working from May 2nd to May 5th. All items will only be shipped this coming Friday. (They did send a separate email to inform customer about the delay)

3. If you miss the delivery, the post office should leave a notice at your doorstep. Parcel will be kept for usually 1 week at the Post Office. You might need to check with your local post office to confirm on this.

Dances on tables
:170:

O man.. you messed it up~! **Joking** :laugh:

1. You should get payment confirmation email from them saying that they hav received your payment.

2. It's Golden Week in Japan. They're not working from May 2nd to May 5th. All items will only be shipped this coming Friday. (They did send a separate email to inform customer about the delay)

3. If you miss the delivery, the post office should leave a notice at your doorstep. Parcel will be kept for usually 1 week at the Post Office. You might need to check with your local post office to confirm on this.
Thanks! Only one question remains for me...do we have to go to the Post office to pick it up if it comes when we're not here? This is of course, because I'm not the one who usually deals with these things due to turning 16 this Sunday. Hurf. I'll talk with my mom and see how we'll work this out because it looks like it'll end up coming whilst we're not here :sweat:

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Since it's via EMS, you should get an email from them about the tracking number. You can then in turn track it via the USPS website. You can then check if it has arrived or not. You can either call up USPS or use the web form to hold you incoming mail/packages at the post office. Hope this helps.

EMS takes about 3 to 6 business days from Japan to either US coasts.

EDIT: I did not get any email regarding the delay.

Dances on tables
Since it's via EMS, you should get an email from them about the tracking number. You can then in turn track it via the USPS website. You can then check if it has arrived or not. You can either call up USPS or use the web form to hold you incoming mail/packages at the post office. Hope this helps.

EMS takes about 3 to 6 business days from Japan to either US coasts.

EDIT: I did not get any email regarding the delay.

Neither did I! And thank you, I think I'll have it held at the post office to make everything easier :sweat:

I think that's it for this thread, I got it all sorted out now.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
No emails, but I knew about the Golden Week in advance.

Dances on tables
Dchoc, can you direct me to the web form for them to hold my incoming package?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it :laugh:

AmiAmi Golden Week Holiday Notification

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your payment.

AmiAmi will be closed from May 3rd (Tuesday) to May 5th (Thursday) for a series of Japanese national holidays known as Golden Week.
Because the late-April/early-May shipping rush makes it difficult for us to ship all orders on the same day they are paid for, we plan to ship your order on May 6th when we are back in the office.

We ask for your patience and understanding during this period as it may take us a few days to respond to all communications.

Thank you for shopping with AmiAmi!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
AmiAmi : Character and Hobby Online Store
4-21-11 Koishikawa, Bunkyo-ku, 112-0002 JAPAN
Phone: +81 3 3813 5851 (Mon.-Fri. 12:00-17:00 JST, except Japanese holidays)
FAX: +81 3 5803 1632
Web site: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english
E-mail: e_support@amiami.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------

- Made payment on May 1 (Sunday).

- Received payment confirmation on May 2 (Monday) morning at 8:36am.

- Received another email (above) 2 hours later.

Perhaps, not all shipment will be effected by the Golden Week rush.

PS: Date and time is based on Asia Timezone.

Well, if you're going to be gone for a week then I'd assume you'll do the smart thing and have the post office hold your mail until you get back (nothing like an overstuffed mail box or pile of uncollected newspapers on the doorstep to shout out "Hey, nobody's been here in days! Break in and rob us!"). If you do that then your package, regardless of how Golden Week screws with the shipping, should sit comfortably in your local post office until you're ready to go collect it.

Even if you don't stop the mail, EMS is express shipping, which requires a signature upon delivery. If you're not there to sign it, then the mail carrier will leave a slip saying that your package wasn't delivered and you can take it to the post office and collect the package the next day (or, if you're lucky, that night around closing time). You didn't do SAL so the post office isn't going to just drop the package on your step and leave it to whatever fate it may meet.

And on a side note, I'll mention that I did get a shipping notice from amiami this morning for Figuarts Garo and SIC KT Agito, which I payed for on Friday. I expect them to spend most of the week sitting in an abandoned post office in Japan, but amiami is still doing a bit of shipping this week.