It seems there's been some info about the next Ultraman. So far it's just a couple of images and some (unconfirmed at the time of posting) grabs from that Japanese bot detailing applications for copyrights/trademarks (I can never remember which!) on names. We don't even know yet if it's a film or series, live action or animated, coming it this year or next year etc etc. If anything else shows up I'll update this page.

DZOt0jVVwAA-4_1.jpg:small

DZOt09vVwAAR977.jpg:small

I'll put the copyright bot images under the spoiler button below, as they're large and frankly not very interesting to look at.

The three applications are supposedly for the names 'Ultraman Bull', 'Ultraman Loop' (or Lupe or Rupe or Lube or something along these lines) and 'Ultraman Rosso'.

Personally I don't speak Japanese so if anyone does and these are wrong then do let me know so I can wipe this egg off my face.

DZOqIJ2UQAAH9Ya.jpg:small

DZOqJAXVAAAof8Y.jpg:small

DZOqJ5mVQAAyEGc.jpg:small

D

Dr Kain

That would be weird considering they had advertised Geed as being the last Heisei series.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, they clearly did since I clearly read it say that somewhere.

There was a whole discussion on it too as people thought it meant Ultraman was going away for good, not that they meant for the Heisei emperor.

Mad Skillz
Yeah I'm not remembering any of that. Do you have a source you can link to? I'm positive Tsuburaya never said anything of the sort.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah I'm not remembering any of that. Do you have a source you can link to? I'm positive Tsuburaya never said anything of the sort.

If I find it, I'll post it. I'm pretty sure our discussion was on Toku Legion back when Geed was airing.

This supposed toy ad is going round on twitter:

DarqXcuUQAAYPPq.jpg

Apparently these are Ultraman Russo and Ultraman Bull (Bull is the one in the foreground with the more Ginga-like crest) in their flame, aqua, wind and ground forms.

As you can see the two forms on the left are mixed up: Russo's goes (from left to right) flame, aqua, wind, ground. Bull's goes aqua, flame, wind, ground. Maybe that suggests Russo's default form is flame and Bull's will be aqua?

Rumour now has it that the show's name will be Ultraman R/B.

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
The show is called Ultraman R/B (which is what Lube turned out to be) and the main heroes are brothers. Ultraman Rosso is the older brother, his default form is Flame (Taro) and Ultraman Blu is the younger brother, his default form is Aqua (Ginga). The story revolves around the quest to find the R/B Crystals in order to summon the Orb Origin Crystal.

The collectibles this year are called the R/B Crystals and the transformation item is the R/B Gyro. Although there are no fusions based on previous Ultraman characters, the elemental powers do correlate to older Ultras. The initial forms are Flame (Taro), Aqua (Ginga), Wind (Tiga Multi Type), and Ground (Victory).

The initial R/B Crystals are Flame (Taro), Aqua (Ginga), Wind (Tiga Multi Type), Ground (Victory), Blade (Ultra Seven), Fighting Power (Geed), Thunder (X), Armor (Hikari), Strike (Ace), Explosion (Dyna), Fire (Mebius), and Healing (Cosmos).

Ultraman Orb will play a big part in the story, he's one of the three primary Ultras and is getting a few new items. There is Orb Ring Neo, which can combine with the R/B Gyro to summon monsters, as well as his new "main" form, Ultraman Orb Dark. The Crystal Case even has an imprint of the original Orb Ring on it.

pI2bp8H.jpg
6fz8PJ8.jpg

FHKUwUP.jpg

MmygiSR.jpg

byoHaVn.jpg

7Y1anHg.jpg

D

Dr Kain

I don't know why, but I'm starting to feel like things are getting redundant by having another series where the Ultraman uses the powers of previous Ultras.