Square Enix revealed a brand new key art image for the Final Fantasy 7 Remake (seen above)... and that's about it. No release date, no additional footage, no further details on gameplay.
I don't think the Final Fantasy VII remake is ever coming.

I don't think the Final Fantasy VII remake is ever coming.
That is the same notion I got.

I hope they do release it though. Even if it released on PS5, it's fine with me as long as they finish the game. I'm guessing they might even take as long as Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts 3's development time so I'm not expecting it to release anytime soon.

I hope they do release it though. Even if it released on PS5, it's fine with me as long as they finish the game. I'm guessing they might even take as long as Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts 3's development time so I'm not expecting it to release anytime soon.
I'm pretty sure if they do decide to release a FFVII remake, it would be first available on Pc or Xbox One. So I would not hold my breath of Ps5.

The remake of Final Fantasy VII is one that most of us would actually want to see become a reality, but from what I've been reading online I don't think it is going to drop any time soon.

Yes, but it may be a good idea to take this with a pinch of salt as Square Enix has not officially mentioned anything about the situation yet. It is also interesting that Tsukasa has supposedly removed his social media accounts and his ArtStation profile since signing off on Reddit. As for me, the Final Fantasy 7 Remake is one of the games that I most anticipate for 2018, and if it is really in 2018, I myself as a fan is expecting to hear something soon.