Yeah, I'm 10 years behind, but I just started playing this.

I'm not very far. I just got to the port city and I'm heading into the desert to fight some rats. My main character, Diaz, and the two guest characters, are all Knights. I also have one chemist, one white mage, two archers, and a thief.

Any pointers?

Make sure you keep multiple safe files and cycle them. I played the game 8 hours straight once and didn't properly level my dudes.

Got stuck and the last safe file would've taken me back about 4-5 hours of game time.

Just watch out for that.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
Don't limit your female characters to just the magic classes. The same goes for keeping male characters as warriors. Training them in different classes unlocks the options to get the Bard and the Dancer later on.

Once the Ninja class opens up, make sure to train Ramza in this class long enough to get the Two Swords ability. It helps out a lot later on. You'll also want to invest in the Chemist's Auto Potion ability. Ramza's best class overall is Squire, since he gains abilities there he won't get anywhere else, like Scream and Ultima. He can mix the HP bonuses of heavy armor and the speed and strength bonuses of other equipment. Samurai's a good class for him to learn abilities from, too.

And yet 10 years later Square is still milking the game!
FFT: The Lion Wars

It's a PSP port/remake of the game with a bunch of new crap added and animated cinemas. Being that it's one of my favorite games ever, I'll be lining up for this one. Doesn't hurt that I've been wanting to replay it for a long time and now I can do it on the go (or on the can).

The only problem with that is that I'd need to buy a PSP for it.

Oh, and it doesn't actually offer any pointers :p

And yet 10 years later Square is still milking the game!
FFT: The Lion Wars

It's a PSP port/remake of the game with a bunch of new crap added and animated cinemas. Being that it's one of my favorite games ever, I'll be lining up for this one. Doesn't hurt that I've been wanting to replay it for a long time and now I can do it on the go (or on the can).

they are?!?! well that's where ,my first paycheck is going into

The only problem with that is that I'd need to buy a PSP for it.

Oh, and it doesn't actually offer any pointers :p

Sure I did. The pointer was to stop living in the past and get a PSP with the new version of FFT. :p

PSP Slim comes out next week and it's got TV out.