By the Power of Gaia!!!
I got to play a little of this yesterday on my brother's DS and even though I didn't get all that far, it's a fun little diversion and a lot more versatile in gameplay and options than the original. I just might have to grab the XBox sequel when I finally get a 360.

Anybody else played this?

Completed it and loved it. The main character Luso is a lot preferable IMO to Marche who could be a bit whiny at times since this kid's all about embracing the experience in front of him head-on instead of Marche who just wanted to go home so it's a bit of a refreshing change.

Plot-wise it's similar although I did feel that it was less complicated than Tactics Advance, whether that's a good thing or bad thing for you is, well, up to you.

There're also a lot more guest playable characters, not the ones that you recruit through guilds, provided you complete the requisites though. My beef with them is that the plot requirements "force" you to get these characters very late in the game, by which time your normal clan members are way more powerful than them. Which is a pity, because although characters like Vaan and Penelo aren't that useful IMO, Frimelda is (Paladin with Dual-Sword already learnt). There wasn't any point in training her because I had like two plot missions to go until the end of the game and the rewards of the optional clan missions didn't seem to justify bringing her along to train her up. If there's a way to get around this I'd like to know.

But getting back to the main issue, this is definitely worth your time and money.:thumbs: But the thing about 360 sequel do you mean the spinoff that's coming on XBOX Live Arcade? Best to get the DS game first dude.

Banned
I got to play a little of this yesterday on my brother's DS and even though I didn't get all that far, it's a fun little diversion and a lot more versatile in gameplay and options than the original. I just might have to grab the XBox sequel when I finally get a 360.

Anybody else played this?

Do you mean that XBOX live arcade game crystal defenders? If so don't bother. It's just placing people and hitting start. There really is no strategy in it at all.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
*bump*

I'm still amazed at the depth of this game. A ton of classes and options to play around with and a solid story...this should keep me busy for quite a while.

Raxbait: Hip
Oh yea, I have this game too. I love that they made new jobs for A2 :castlerock:

I just wish Assassins didn't get so weakened! But I love the Parivirs!