Administrator
Staff member
We never get to see minor details like Rinoa and Squall's necklaces. It is really amazing that this is originally a ps1 game. It felt like a remake even though it is only a remaster. Yeah the blurry backgrounds is a bit disappointing.

This game is created in 1998 but they managed to predict the existence of live video streaming. When Squall and the Gang went to a mission in Timber, it is mentioned the President of Timber's speech will be streamed online! This game predicted the future. Video streaming does not exist in 1998!

So many childhood memories of mine just came back after I finished the game again after 10 years.I am all grown up but I feel like a child again after I finished the game and "Eyes on me " starts playing.

It's good to see this Final Fantasy 8 game get remastered with some nice upgrades to boot - like the character and enemy models that all got a HD reworking, and this sure makes this game easier on the eyes.

It's good to see this Final Fantasy 8 game get remastered with some nice upgrades to boot - like the character and enemy models that all got a HD reworking, and this sure makes this game easier on the eyes.
The only problem I have with the remaster is that they did not improve the backgrounds so the new graphics looks out of place with the remastered models.I wish they changed the backgrounds too instead of just blurring them.

Mai

Suzy Q's playthrough of the remaster on Youtube is worth watching. She played the original but you can feel the childhood nostalgia she have on her commentary. I wish someone will make a voice acting mode on the pc version. That is all I need for this game.