Staff member
The final hole in the somewhat-modern Final Fantasy lineup has been filled. Final Fantasy 8 was skipped over when the PS1 and PS2-era FFs were ported to Switch and XBox earlier this year. Before that, they were released on the PS4's digital storefront....again missing FF8.

Square has still not publicly revealed what the holdup was about, but it's over now...as of today, Final Fantasy 8 has been rereleased for the first time on consoles since its original publication in 1999. Enlist as a SEEd today on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC via Steam. Final Fantasy 8 is available now....Square's full press release has more details.

LOS ANGELES (Sept. 3, 2019) – One of gaming’s most cherished RPGs returns today on modern platforms with the release of FINAL FANTASY® VIII Remastered on the Nintendo Switch™ system, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PC (STEAM®), and the Xbox One family of devices.

Marking the 20th anniversary of the game’s original release, FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered features newly rendered visuals that breathe life into the game’s characters like never before. Players step into the shoes of SeeD recruit Squall Leonhart and resistance fighter Rinoa Heartilly as they work together to save the world from the military nation of Galbadia.

The remastered version includes the following boosts to enhance the experience:
  • Battle Assist: The ability to always have maxed out HP and ATB, and trigger Limit Breaks at any time.
  • No Encounters: An enemy encounter option that allows players to enjoy the storyline uninterrupted. While enemy encounters are turned off, players can still enjoy the story’s event battles.
  • 3x Speed Boost: Play through the game with three times the speed.
  • The STEAM version will also receive additional functions, including All Items (possess all items except for a few certain items), All Abilities, GF Max Level, Max Gil, Max Magic, All Limit Breaks, and All Cards (possess max number of Triple Triad® Cards except for Rare Cards).

FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered is available now for $19.99 for the Nintendo Switch™ system, PlayStation®4 system, PC (STEAM), and the Xbox One family of devices. For more information, visit FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered. This game is rated T (Teen) by the ESRB.

I wish they removed the draw system because that is the most hated part of Final Fantasy 8.

Administrator
Staff member
I am so happy they fixed this:
a42.jpg

Squall-Final-Fantasy-Best-Looking-Meme-Cover.jpg

I played this game as a child who doesn't speak English yet and after replaying the game as an adult who speaks English. I just realized Squall is a mean person. No wonder Seifer slashed him. When Quistis was venting out her problems after she got demoted from teacher to seed, Squall insulted her. He is also consistently rude to Zell. He is nicer though compared to Lightning who punches her teammates.

Administrator
Staff member
Squall is a jerk from the start but Rinoa will eventually soften him up. So he have a great redemption arc. He eventually becomes likable.

I hated Squall as a protagonist, and FF8 is probably one of my least favorite games. I have yet to buy any of the remasters though, i'll probably pick them all up at some point for my Xbox One.

Squall is a jerk from the start but Rinoa will eventually soften him up. So he have a great redemption arc. He eventually becomes likable.
He is a better person compared to Lightning who is physically abusive. I mean she slaps and punches everyone on her team.

Administrator
Staff member
I had seen a major flaw on the remaster. The characters models are improved but the background is not HD, it's just a blurrier version of the ps1 background graphics. They could have used AI to improve the graphics of the backgrounds.

Mai

This remaster looks better than the Remaster of FFX but I wish they added voice acting. It will reinvigorate the game but I have a feeling they will do it maybe after 10 years again since I don't think this is the next game to get a remake.

The improvements are outstanding, and there are more details now. I mean I never knew Irvine is suppose to have curly hair.
maxresdefault.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VIII-Remastered.jpg