Final Fantasy 14 is still doing well and it just got more content because of the assets from the cancelled Final Fantasy 15 dlcs. They said that 14 is still doing well so they will continue making new content for it instead of replacing them with a new MMORPG!

This is my source!
Final Fantasy isn’t getting a new MMO any time soon because FFXIV is doing just fine

This is a great news for me who wants Final Fantasy 16 to be a single player game. People who prefers playing multiplayer and online can continue playing 14.

Administrator
Staff member
This is a great news for all the people who prefers single player. It is also a great news for XIV players because they will continue have support.

I can imagine 14 getting more support for 10 years! It will get assets from Final fantasy 7 remake and Final fantasy 16.

I heard through the grapevine that Final fantasy XVI is already in development for Ps5. I can see this getting announced months after the release of 7's remake. We cant make 2 games compete against each other.

Administrator
Staff member
As a single player guy who doesn't like the toxic environment of online multiplayer, this news made me so happy. I am not huge fan of 11 and 14 because I am more of a loner when it comes to gaming and have crappy internet connection.

I think Final Fantasy 17 will because Square Enix will need a multiplayer game for the next gen. With the exemption of ps3, Final Fantasy have an online game every generation. Ps2 have 11, Ps4 have 15 so I can see Ps5 having 17. 14 is on its last legs.

Final Fantasy XIV is still doing well and it will be ported so it's such a waste of resources to kill of an ongoing MMO with another one. It is more practical for Square Enix to make 16 a single player for ps5. The Next Gen is in need for a single player game. They need to keep updating 14 instead of killing it off.

Administrator
Staff member
Making 16 a multiplayer game will basically kill the momentum of 14. So Yes I do believe 16 is going to be single player too.