The remake looks amazing in these videos, but there are a lot of scenes that probably will get changed, we've already lost the original turn based gameplay. Also, I never really liked games with episodes. If I'm going to play this I'll wait for a complete edition. Hope they don't change too many things.

I can't wait to play the FFVII remake. Remaking of games can go two ways - either extremely good and making the fan base love what they loved in their childhood or extremely bad and make them hate the company for ruining or changing the game. Everyone wants to see their old game how they once remembered it with the bugs fixed and the graphics updated, but not with the whole gameplay system changed.

I can't wait to play the FFVII remake. Remaking of games can go two ways - either extremely good and making the fan base love what they loved in their childhood or extremely bad and make them hate the company for ruining or changing the game. Everyone wants to see their old game how they once remembered it with the bugs fixed and the graphics updated, but not with the whole gameplay system changed.
Well, the problem is that they are seemingly changing the gameplay by quite a lot. Not so sure now that this is going to end up being very good, but I'll reserve my judgement until the game comes out.

Administrator
Staff member
If this remake will be a success we might end up having a final fantasy 7-2 sub sequel.7 having an in Universe sequel have a great chance to be bigger than 10-2 and Lightning returns.

Well, the problem is that they are seemingly changing the gameplay by quite a lot. Not so sure now that this is going to end up being very good, but I'll reserve my judgement until the game comes out.
I 100% agree with you the game should not even be called FVII because they have changed so much. Everyone wanted an FFVII remake and not a total overhaul. I am not gong to buy it until I see player reviews.

Administrator
Staff member
The 7 remake is not going to be a frame by frame remake. SE is aware of the existence of the mods so there might be changes waiting ahead.

You encounter new characters, enemies, weapons, spells and scenarios not on the original so people who played the original will have a new experience. Important even'ts like Aerith's death won't be replaced though.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Final Fantasy 7 remake is a very good one, it looked very impressive with how the characters were made fit and the graphics toned up to be very appealing. The producers were very effective with the job they did with the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

It is still not clear if the totality of CyberConnect 2’s work would not push through, or if elements of the mechanics and assets produced remain part of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I think it’s the latter given the title’s assumed size and scope.