Ooh, I really, really liked the Dynasty Warriors 5 soundtrack. Eternal Sonata was good too, but it was a game that was music-themed, so I thought it having a nice soundtrack was a given. Harvest Moon always has good soundtracks.
My boyfriend got the special edition of Shin Megami Tensei IV for the 3DS which included a soundtrack CD, and the music was chilling and dark and moving and very, very awesome.
I adored the soundtrack for The World Ends With You, it was quite different from the norm. It was pretty much pop after all. Well, I guess that would be a given, seeing its style.
The other entry for me would have to be a classic, Chrono Trigger. Especially AD 600 (as well as Shimizu Shota's rendition "Kaze No You Ni" which uses the same tune, although the lyrics give it a completely different context) and Singing Mountain. I guess I just like Square Enix's soundtracks in general now that I think about it.
I was also going to throw Chrono Trigger into the mix, one of the best right there. While we're naming classics, you can't leave out Final Fantasy 7. Whether you love it or think it's overrated, I feel you have to admit it has an amazing soundtrack.
One of Mass Effect's strongest points as a trilogy, one that it manages to retain in all three games, is doubtlessly its incredible soundtrack. It's one of the most immersive soundtracks that I know of, but at the same time, it is just as epic when you listen to it even when you're not in the game.
So, since I didn't see a thread about it, I was wondering what everyone's favorite songs from the rich soundtrack of Mass Effect are.
Mine are, in no particular order:
- the Mass Effect 1 theme song - The first song you hear when you start the game, words just fail to describe how much this song still gives me chills.
- Uncharted Worlds (galaxy map song) from Mass Effect 1 - while not particularly exciting, its one of those songs that works so very well in a loop and I use it to this day when I do something painfully tedious.
- The End (reprise) from Mass Effect 1 - the song you hear at the end after you kill Saren and Shepard tells everyone the Reapers are still coming.
- Suicide Mission from Mass Effect 2 - the very definition of epicness for me. It's so satisfying hearing this song at the end of Mass Effect 2, especially when you have managed to keep everyone alive and done what everyone considered to be impossible. It gives me goosebumps even listening to it outside of the game.
- From the Wreckage from Mass Effect - once again a song that I associate with the ending of the first game, but it's just so uplifting, triumphant and epic. It made defeating Sovereign and surviving such a satisfying conclusion to the first game for me.
- An End Once and For All from Mass Effect 3 - easily the only good thing about the ending was this piece. It's a beautiful song that ought to have been associated with a sense of triumph, but even if I didn't feel that at the end of Mass Effect 3, it is still among my favorites.
- I Was Lost Without You from Mass Effect 3 - my favorite love theme from all three games. It feels so fitting for the romance scene before the attack on Cronos Station.
- A Future For The Krogan from Mass Effect 3 - no doubt the introduction to the first IC documentary has an influence here, but again it's one of the few moments in Mass Effect 3 where the theme of triumph over impossible odds was kept as a theme from the previous games, and one of the only moments where Mass Effect 3 manages to shine - on Tuchanka.
Of course, I love plenty of other songs from the soundtracks, but these are the ones that stand out for me the most.
PopGeeks is a source of Movie News, TV News, Tabletop, Video Game News, Animation News, PS5, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC Gaming News and Forums. Join our community now to talk with like-minded fans!