Favorite survival horror video games?

Hi guys! It's no secret that I really love the survival horror genre (I also happen to love the psychological horror one). There are sooo many survival horror games that I loved to play. However... I've done the impossible and narrowed it down to just a top 10! Here is my list, feel free to add yours after me :D

1 - The Last of us
2 - State of Decay
3 - Silent Hill: The room
4- ObsCure (1 & 2)
5 - The Penumbra trilogy!
6- Amnesia
7 - American McGee's Alice (plus the sequel)
8 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R
9 - Afterfall: InSanity
10 - Dead Rising

I would say that I have played and loved all the aforementioned games. I just finished playing State of Decay. Can't believe how underrated that game is. Now I waiting for Amnesia: The Pigs which is going to release next month. I suggest you play that game too :)

Silent Hill 1, Resident Evil 1 & 2, Dino Crisis. Actually I haven't played that much of them but still it is one of my favourite genres.

I would say that I have played and loved all the aforementioned games. I just finished playing State of Decay. Can't believe how underrated that game is. Now I waiting for Amnesia: The Pigs which is going to release next month. I suggest you play that game too :)

I will... I've been waiting for this really long ;) Did you play the ''justine'' DLC for this game? It's part of the first amnesia game, and I must say it really enriches the whole gaming experience. If you haven't played it yet, then I really recommend you get that mod :) I love love the voices of the suitors... they're so creepy! That Justine is just evil!

I will... I've been waiting for this really long ;) Did you play the ''justine'' DLC for this game? It's part of the first amnesia game, and I must say it really enriches the whole gaming experience. If you haven't played it yet, then I really recommend you get that mod :) I love love the voices of the suitors... they're so creepy! That Justine is just evil!

Om my gosh! This DLC is so freaking creepy. I had somehow completed Amnesa: The Dark Descent, but this DLC takes the insanity to whole another level. A bit too much for me to handle. Did you complete the game?

Yes... but it was really hard to run away from the third suitor, he's the creepiest one :p I hated the chewing noises he made when he caught Justine, lol! She deserved it tho :p I'd be mad as well if someone had ruined my successful music career, only to keep me locked in a cell torturing me every day! I hated to play as Justine :D Wish I could have played as one of the suitors, lol.

Avoiding malo wasn't so hard to hide from... the trick is to run away as soon as you see him. Otherwise he'll always end up finding you and eating you :p I died several times :oops:

While I'm a fan of morbid, gory, horror related subject matter, I haven't played that many survival horror games. Off the top of my head, I've played Silent Hill, Resident Evil 1, Code Veronica, Outbreak, 4, and 5, Amnesia: Dark Descent, Dead Space, Slender... that's all I can think of. The scariest one I've played is Amnesia, and my favorite one is RE4.

I have two favorites - Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill 1. Resident Evil 4 is probably the best Resident Evil ever made. It could also be said that it is the best survival/action/thriller game ever made. It stars Leon Kennedy who is tasked to save the president's daughter who is kidnapped and stowed away in a village full of weird people who would not hesitate to kill those who venture into their haven.

Silent Hill 1 on the other hand is less action and more scares. It was creepy and scary and frightening and disturbing. Heck, even the opening sequence made me pee. (not in my pants. I went to the rest room of course.)

While I'm a fan of morbid, gory, horror related subject matter, I haven't played that many survival horror games. Off the top of my head, I've played Silent Hill, Resident Evil 1, Code Veronica, Outbreak, 4, and 5, Amnesia: Dark Descent, Dead Space, Slender... that's all I can think of. The scariest one I've played is Amnesia, and my favorite one is RE4.

Amnesia is one of my most favorite games :) Dead Space was also very scary! My friend talked about this game before I even played it and warned me about some of the most scary scenes :D He was right! That game was too much. That's a good list the one you have there, by the way ;)

I have two favorites - Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill 1. Resident Evil 4 is probably the best Resident Evil ever made. It could also be said that it is the best survival/action/thriller game ever made. It stars Leon Kennedy who is tasked to save the president's daughter who is kidnapped and stowed away in a village full of weird people who would not hesitate to kill those who venture into their haven.

Silent Hill 1 on the other hand is less action and more scares. It was creepy and scary and frightening and disturbing. Heck, even the opening sequence made me pee. (not in my pants. I went to the rest room of course.)

I've played those two :D Resident Evil 4 was a good game, but to be honest I'm hoping the best survival horror games is to be made yet ;) I'm hoping it's one of the games that are coming out soon :) I really enjoyed this game, by the way. Been playing since the start.

Silent hill is one of my fav franchises, did you ever play silent hill 4? That game was so different from the others! Anyway, good list :D