-Time Again
-The Tossers
-The Vandals
-The Vibrators
-Whole Wheat Bread
-X
-The X-Possibles
-X-ray Spex

Thats from my iTunes Library. Theres a few bands I didnt include on there because I feel they are more in a ska or rockabilly category than punk.

Last edited:
The World Warrior
Why not? :eyebrow:

Well I guess they are considered "Punk"

I don't know, I just always thought "Alternative Rock" when I heard The Offspring.

Yeah, I guess they are more of a "Punk Rock"

Last edited:
BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
The early works of The Offspring were very punk. It was around when they released "Ixnay" that they started becoming more alternative.

boogie woogie feng shui
Let's see....

-Against All Authority
-Bad Brains
-Bad Religion
-Balzac
-Billy Idol
-Black Flag
-The Cramps
-Dead Kennedy's
-Dropkick Murphys
-Flogging Molly
-Minor Threat
-The Misfits
-NOFX
-Rancid
-Suicide Machines
-The Vandals

Marry me?

Misfits923 said:
The early works of The Offspring were very punk. It was around when they released "Ixnay" that they started becoming more alternative.

Yeah.

I hear a lot of people that don't classify The Offspring as punk, but then go on to say that some of their favorite punk bands are Blink 182, Green Day, or MxPx. I don't get it... I think that because The Offspring write such good, catchy hooks, people just want to call them "pop-punk" or "alternative," but yeah, it doesn't get much more punk than Smash.

Smash is one of my favorite albums of all time. It can't top most of my favorite NIN or RAtM albums, but then, few things that don't involve sex can hope to do that.

boogie woogie feng shui
ReznorFML.gif

kC

Marry me?

haha. I told you we had things in common.

As much as Detroit is a crappy city and Michigan is in a shitty state right now, I love being near Detroit SO many great bands come around here and we have a great local punk scene (if you can ignore the crust kids). There are some phemonial local bands here. And I can't help it, I LOVE going to dive bars to see some punk bands play.

Any one else got a great local scene? Or maybe some local bands to reccomend.

Here's some great local bands from my area:
The Handme Downs (Good Friends of mine)

Thrashin in the Streets (These guys are a bit north of me, but play Detroit frequently)

Nuke and the Living Dead (Another band of good friends, sadly they are no longer together but the lead signer has a solo project going, These guys are very influenced by The Misfits)

The Hadituptohere's(More Good friends of mine, lol)

The Koffin Kats (Theres guys are more Psychobilly than Punk but they tour all over the world and are great guys)

Aggro or Die! (my husbands band, I had to give them a shout out)

Wow I could keep going but I will leave it at that. So share some local music with me! I wanna hear what your city's got!!