Sometimes things get complicated.
I know that's a broad topic, but lets try and stay within the realm of like Punk/Ska to like Screamo. Something resembling the genre. It's hard to do sometimes. That's why I hate how they make up fake genres. What happened to just Punk Rock? :disappoin Who are your favorites?

Less Than Jake, met 'em in person and they're great. They've been around forever and although some call them sellouts, they have a very distinct sound and have some great albums out. Their songs are about small towns yet have a big sound. They're loud and have nonstop energy. I suggest Hello Rockview if your new to the band :buttrock:

65fczl1.jpg

blink-182, great stuff. They've gone a little off track in recent years. But just their energy and creativeness is enough to have fun with. They have a crazy sense of humor and probably some of the most epicly funny vids!

Blink-182.jpg

Green Day, but only the old stuff! American Idiot was an over-glorified piece of junk. They're credited with bringing Punk back into the mainstream in the 90s, now whether that's good or not, it's somethin to proud of. They rocked hard and still rock, they just gotta get to their old ways. DOOKIE IS MY BIBLE.

greenday.jpg

Mustard Plug, favorite Ska/Punk band of all time. Have rejected major record deals time and again and have proved their staying power. They've got some really good fast songs that get stuck in your head. They've got alot of character as a band and like to do their own thing. Great music is what they're about.

ad051ra3.jpg

Taking Back Sunday, great sound, very emotional without getting whiney and they did "Decade Under the Influence". Don't know it? I shall weep for you tonight. :nono: If you wanna live a meaningful life!

c933tt5.jpg

================================================

Honorable mentions on my MP3 player:

Coheed and Cambria

Rancid

All Time Low

Brand New

The Ataris

Antifreeze
, WHY DID THEY BREAK UP!

EDIT: This list does change often :sweat:

Last edited:
Actually back this time
Dead Kennedys are my absolute favorite punk band.

Bad Brains are also f'ing amazing.

A few others that are phenominal, to me: Agent Orange, Bad Religion, AFI (ONLY the "Black Sails in the Sunset" album), and Rancid.

There are more, but I can't think right now.

My favorite punk bands are the Ramones, the Offspring, Suicidal Tendencies, Butthole Surfers (I think whether these guys can really be considered punk is debatable), and Green Day (pre-American Idiot).

I am the law
Anti-Flag
AFI (their first few records when they WERE a punk band)
Black Flag
Billy Idol
Bouncing Souls
Dead Kennedys
Dead Milkmen
Die Hunns
Dropkick Murphys
Face to Face
Generation X
Goldfinger
Greenday
Horrorpops
Josie & the Pussycats (from the movie soundtrack. It's actually not bad and pretty decent garage type punk)
Lars Fredrickson & The Bastards
Left Alone
Less Than Jake
Mustard Plug
Nekromantix
No Doubt (the early stuff)
NoFx
Rancid
Reel Big Fish
Roger Miret & The Disasters
Save Ferris
Streetlight Manifesto
The Distillers
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
The Misfits
The Misfats
The Vandals
Tsunami Bomb

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
Anti-Flag
AFI
Bad Religion
Balzac (They sound punk, but I don't know if you can really say they are)
Black Flag
The Casualties
Dead Kennedys
Dropkick Murphys
Goldfinger
Greenday
Lars Fredrickson & The Bastards
Less Than Jake
Nekromantix
NoFx
The Offspring (from S/T to Ignition)
Rancid
Suicidal Tendencies
The Misfits
The Vandals

As for Mustard Plug, RBF and the Bosstones, I dunno if you can really call them punk. To me, they've always come across more ska than punk. I'm a HUGE Misfits fan. I've been going to their shows since the 20th anniversary, back in 1997. 10 years!!

Last edited:
Lurker
As for Mustard Plug, RBF and the Bosstones, I dunno if you can really call them punk. To me, they've always come across more ska than punk. I'm a HUGE Misfits fan. I've been going to their shows since the 20th anniversary, back in 1997. 10 years!!

Reel Big Fish and Bosstones are more Ska then punk.