Sentai is full of awesome season-long plots and story arcs.

This thread is not about those.

I feel like it's time to show some love for all of the awesome, one-off, self-contained, non-arc episodes. So...

What's your favorite non-arc episode in Super Sentai's history, and why?

Mine has got to be JETMAN - Episode 8 - "The Laughing Diamond."

This is the one where Ako is possessed by a Vyram-enchanted Blood Diamond, causing her to become a greedy, diamond-hungry nightmare. After the Jetmen restrain her, Kaori's solution is to buy all of the diamonds in Tokyo (we're talking suitcase after suitcase full of diamonds, here) and throw them by the fistful at Ako. When that plan doesn't work, Kaori literally *****-slaps her back to reality.

When Sentai is at it's best, it effectively marries gleefully ridiculous, over-the-top plots with life-or-death gravitas. Jetman was especially excellent at that, and this episode is one of the most crystalline representations (pun definitely intended).

Can't wait to hear everyone's favorites!

Lurker
Probably Dekaranger's "Hard Boiled License".

I loved the police procedural/drama that this episode pretty much had going for it, and the emotional weight behind it. It was kind of heavy for a Sentai episode, at least in this era of Sentai.

Continuing the Creddie legacy
Probably Gokaiger 41 since this is an Ahim episode, As well as Carranger 30, where Kyosuke tries to retrieve RV robo from ZZ Gyuri.

MagiFanboy
Episode 21 of Dengeki Sentai Changeman, "Gozma's Big Star", in which our heroes are confronted by a rock-star bird with awesome 80's shades who makes a big show of kicking the team's ass on camera, and Sheema is just fawning all over the guy which is incredibly hilarious when you keep in mind that Sheema speaks with a male voice and so the male voice is speaking in a really bad high falsetto and I am dying on the floor, and then in the second half Tsurugi manages to turn things around in a really passionate and heartfelt way that really works and...look, this is Sentai at it's finest, at least in terms of done-in-one episodes.

Probably Dekaranger's "Hard Boiled License".

I loved the police procedural/drama that this episode pretty much had going for it, and the emotional weight behind it. It was kind of heavy for a Sentai episode, at least in this era of Sentai.

Holy moly, I have to agree with this. That episode was super heavy. I was so depressed I had to watch another couple of episodes to get over it.

The directing in that episode was amazing. When she's waiting to cross the road and the street light turns red to symbolize judgement time... That is DAMN good cinematography. That episode is just damn good filmmaking. And the drama... Oh man it was good.

Another non-arc episode I really like is the episode in Megaranger where Chisato loses her voice. Villain was pretty hilarious and well... I kind of have a crush on Chisato and the song she sung was great.