Favorite Kamen Rider or Super Sentai series written by Yasuko Kobayashi

RiderKing

As a lot of you may or may not know, Yasuko Kobayashi is reconized by Toku fans for writing some good stories for different shows. For Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, she has written 3 series each for both shows.

Kamen Rider: Ryuki, Den-O and OOO.
Super Sentai: Gingaman, Timeranger and Shinkenger.

Now, of these six total Kobayashi works, which do you love the most?

Smilodon

Friendship and the Cosmos.
TimeRanger. Though, Ryuki and OOO come to a close second.

Kobayashi has some of the most dastardly twists I've seen in toku. Captain Ryuuya from TimeRanger, Kanzaki Yui from Ryuki, OOO with the Purple Medals and Ankh, Takeru not being the official head of the Shiba clan in Shinken etc.

But Time still takes the cake.

nerefir

私の占いは当たる
I haven't seen Timeranger but if you guys like it that much I might just watch it next in my list of Takaiwa sentai.

Forever Knight

Eye See You
I haven't seen Timeranger but if you guys like it that much I might just watch it next in my list of Takaiwa sentai.

Dude, not watching Timeranger is like a Superhero fan who hasn't watched the 1989 Batman film.

You have 2 choices....

#1. Watch it raw, TVN released a few eps.
#2. Download the RRR "subtitles" which still help understanding everything much more than watching it raw.
#3. Prepare to laugh at current Sentai after watching this.

Galaxian

Lurker
Between Shinkenger and OOO...

I'm going with Shinkenger, mostly because of the whole "continuity debacle" with OOO.

Gingaman hands down! :thumbs:

Timeranger is also a cool show.

Ryuki, I'm having trouble remembering. I remember liking it, but my mind has gotten foggy over it. Gotta give a rewatch soon.

Den-O, OOO, and Shinkenger are okay shows. But not great.

Savior Den-o

The Meteor has landed
I have to say either Den-O Or OOO

Den-O: Since it was my first Kamen Rider Show I saw in full and, i kinda like the story it had.

OOO: Not just because it was the more recent one but, because of all the characters help the story move it along till the end.

nerefir

私の占いは当たる
Dude, not watching Timeranger is like a Superhero fan who hasn't watched the 1989 Batman film.

You have 2 choices....

#1. Watch it raw, TVN released a few eps.
#2. Download the RRR "subtitles" which still help understanding everything much more than watching it raw.
#3. Prepare to laugh at current Sentai after watching this.

Or I could go with option 4, which is not bothering with subs and watching it completely raw. Also, I don't care about Batman.

Smilodon

Friendship and the Cosmos.
-GASP- THE 89 BATMAN WAS INCREDIBLE THOUGH.

I used to rent the VHS from the library when I was a little kid (Though I still am a little kid right now). Then again, I am a Sentai fan and I've never seen anything before Jetman.

I feel bad, OOO was full of such awesome moments, but TimeRanger was just wow.

Forever Knight

Eye See You
Or I could go with option 4, which is not bothering with subs and watching it completely raw. Also, I don't care about Batman.

Dude, I'm all about raw. If that is the route you want to go then go watch it right now!!!!.

You don't care about Batman?... is something wrong with you?. Batman is one of our saviors.

Shougo B'Stard

Would like to change his avatar
Gingaman for me. I feel all of her other series (well, I didn't watch much of OOO) either derailed or didn't live up to their potential. Takatera must have kept her in check on Gingaman.

Knight

Final Vent
Ryuki, easily my favourite Kamen Rider (and tokusatsu overall) series ever. Sad to see I'm the only one who voted for it. :laugh: I like Shinkenger too and Timeranger must be the best Sentai I've got notice, but I'm not that much into the colorful guys. Began watching Gingaman but had no patiance to keep it going and Den-O was a wasted year to me except for Zeronos.

I like Batman, thou.

Forever Knight

Eye See You
Gingaman for me. I feel all of her other series (well, I didn't watch much of OOO) either derailed or didn't live up to their potential. Takatera must have kept her in check on Gingaman.

You should watch the rest of OOO. I thought they did a pretty good job of it, it's definatley one of the better Heisei Rider shows.