HEROW
I'm giving it to Kuuga's first Mighty Form henshin, inside the burning church against No. 3 (Bat Grongi). It was just so epic... :buttrock:

Nice post!!
Would the burning church count as Kuuga's first henshin, though, or the initial Growing Form fight against the Spider Grongi?

They're both pretty epic transformations and I have had a hard time trying to think of which one I like better.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Would the burning church count as Kuuga's first henshin, though, or the initial Growing Form fight against the Spider Grongi?

They're both pretty epic transformations and I have had a hard time trying to think of which one I like better.
I count Might Form's Burning Church henshin as the first one, just because it felt like the real henshin.

I must admit though, I never thought the first episode of Kuuga was particularly interesting, but looking back now, it was intense. I mean, the fight on the rooftop, pushing trucks, being choked and fighting on a helicopter was groundbreaking at the time. I really came to appreciate that first episode of Kuuga.

Nice post!!
I remember having a jaw-dropping reaction to the first episode of Kuuga. At the time the main Rider stuff I'd seen was Black and the V3 I was able to find... and I think the ZO/Shin/J movies.

I liked most of that stuff, but it really did not leave me prepared for the crazy helicopter fight or the absolute brutality of the fight scenes. Watching Kuuga really felt like the poor dude might end up getting killed.

HEROW

Yeah I know, which is why I specified that it's Kuuga's first Mighty Form henshin. I liked the Growing Form henshin too, but they're different in their own ways, since Growing Form henshin was amidst chaos and desperation, whereas the Mighty Form henshin is somewhat more controlled and determined. Both can be liked their own ways, but I prefer the Mighty Form because that burning church scene was just awesome... I'm glad they always included that in all of the OPs. :buttrock:

Just 'Neg' will suffice.
I could listen to Kenzaki scream for hours as long as he ended it with a resounding HENSHIN! :coolshades:

I'll definitely add to the consensus. Kuuga's Mighty Form and Blade's first.

bladebelt.gif

Mr. Kamen Rider
Rider 2's original "Henshin!" Has some of the best build-up to it ever.

Mad Skillz
Even though show isn't my most favorite, I've always been a really big fan of the first transformation involving Fiveman. Of course it is basically a retred of most 80s first transformations that have the team on transforming in front of all the villains, but there was a bit more style to it this time around. I especially loved seeing Gaku remind Garoa of who he was by mimicking a gun with his hand.

Hibiki's first transformation is also full of all sorts of awesome win.

I liked most of that stuff, but it really did not leave me prepared for the crazy helicopter fight or the absolute brutality of the fight scenes. Watching Kuuga really felt like the poor dude might end up getting killed.
To be fair, he kinda was.

Yeah, Kuuga's Mighty Form henshin is basically as good as it gets. Also, props must go out to Diend ("Lucky Clover can only have four members though, right?") and Accel (just seeing Terui drag the Engine Blade in and slam it into the ground was ridiculously awesome.)