The fact that Dark Knight didn't win for 2008 makes me sick to my stomach.

TDK was still a movie with a pretty select audience range, movies like that aren't really best picture material.

Now back on topic for me its a pretty close tie between The Departed and No Country For Old Men. Going to have to give it to The Departed.

I also went with The Departed, with ROTK and Gladiator taking 2 and 3.

the departed was a remake, a mediocre remake, especially if you watched the original Chinese version

I'm going with gladiator

I liked them both, but I liked The Departed a bit more because it was grittier and more brutal.

IA came off too sappy and overly-dramatic at times with the music and montages. It isn't even my favorite in the series. IAII was the best in the series IMO, Francis Ng was :bueno_bub in it.

the departed was a remake, a mediocre remake, especially if you watched the original Chinese version

I'm going with gladiator

No ****. But you see the point with The Departed was not aiming for "Infernal Affairs: America", it was taking the plot and characters of Infernal Affairs and putting a new twist on them. Its hard to compare the two because they are so different.

Like if you want to judge every adaptation of something (manga to anime, comic to movie, book to movie, Asian to American, etc.) on how close it is to the source then you can pretty much say almost every adaptation sucks or is sub par.

I didn't like any of those. =/

jkvzbo.jpg

No ****. But you see the point with The Departed was not aiming for "Infernal Affairs: America", it was taking the plot and characters of Infernal Affairs and putting a new twist on them. Its hard to compare the two because they are so different.

Like if you want to judge every adaptation of something (manga to anime, comic to movie, book to movie, Asian to American, etc.) on how close it is to the source then you can pretty much say almost every adaptation sucks or is sub par.

I'm not saying that I want a completely 100 percent remake, I just felt that this remake did not seem to be able to recapture the emotion and suspense of the original. but that's just my opinion since i watched the original as a kid, everything seems to be better when you're a kid :anime: