Favorite comic books?

I have to admit that my alltime favorite comic book has always been superman. Haven't read one in a long time, though.

I love the Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman. I am a die hard DC fan and my marvel friends keep saying that I am morbid, dark and twisted. I however just like the fact that DC comics deal more realistically with the human condition. I first read Gaiman's Death; The High Cost Of Living and was hooked. I then read all the volumes in his Series and have never looked back. It's really hard for me to choose which book in the series I like but if I absolutely had to choose, it would be Preludes and Nocturnes.

I enjoy Neil Gaiman, too. "Brief Lives" is my favorite of his Sandman series, but from all his work, I think he really shines in his short stories.

My favorite comic book of all time ever, ever--is Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis. I grew up in Indonesia--the predominantly Islamic capital of Jakarta, and my family had moved there just as the War on Terror started. It was a big break for my parents, too big a break to move, so I stayed and grew up there and it was all right but could get scary at times. A little of that was mirrored in the more extreme conditions of the Iranian cultural revolution portrayed in Persepolis, so that's why it's my favorite. It didn't change my life, but it became very much a part of my childhood.

When I was rea young I read "Archie" and "Casper", but I mainly have enjoyed superhero books. I like Marvel in particular. "Spider-man", "Thor", "The Incredible Hulk" "Wolverine" and "Fantastic Four" were my favorites. The movies have done all right by the books, except for "Fantastic Four". I felt those movies were weak.

For graphic novels, my faves were Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, and V For Vendetta.

For series, it's Conan hands down, but I also enjoy The Walking Dead, New Avengers, and even though it's really kiddy.....Runaways.

Oh, this ones easy.

My favorite Story Arc, Knightquest.
Favorite GN, Dark Knight Returns.
Favorite series, Legends of the Dark Knight.
Favorite Hero, Spider-Man (no really!)
Favorite Villains, Red Skull, Dr. Doom, Joker
Most Disliked Hero, Robin (I can't stand the Boy Wonder)
Most Disliked Villain, Galactus