Comics Favorite comic books?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mjolnir, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Member

I grew up with Zagor and his assistant Don Chico.
    More serious comic books - Tex Willer and Kit Carson.
    I've also read Il Grande Blek.
    Alan Ford was also a great comic book/satire about secret (clumsy) agents.

2. Bond007

Bond007 Shaken Not Stirred!!

I must admit, I wasn't a huge comic book buff and I'm not now. But for me the best comic book of all time has to be The Beano.. Some great childhood memories coming back just thinking about it :)

3. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

I've been really enjoying Morning Glories. Great art and a gripping story. It's about a group of new students at a prestigious prep school that uncover some sick and deadly secrets. I marathon read all four available volumes.

4. megaman9

megaman9 New Member

I read the reviews of morning glories,The rating was 3 .
    and They mentioned it as an comic story rather than an suspense thriller..
    may be I have to have a look once more..

5. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

I really liked the 28 Days Later series from BOOM Comics. The art was a little dicey sometimes, but the story was strong throughout. One of the characters from the first movie is hired to guide a journalist and his team through quarantined territory, from Scotland to London.

6. MrSackfist

MrSackfist Member

Love Beano, that comic book really was a big part of my childhood. Also I did always look forward to Simpson Comics when they came out

7. SueA555

SueA555 Member

My favorite comics growing up with the Archie ones, along with Betty and Veronica. I was probably about ten when I started reading them, and they made being a teenager sound like so much fun that I couldn't wait.

8. lindbergh

lindbergh Member

I loved reading the X-Men when I was still young. It was my first comic book (though I first got acquainted to batman and Superman). I just loved the characters and I was amazed with their different powers. My immediate favorite was cyclops because he could fire power beams from his eyes. I thought that was cool.

9. caparica007

caparica007 Member

My favorite comic books were and I guess they still are from Biquinho, I don't know how to say it in English. Anyone knows this duck?

10. zlemune

zlemune Member

The first comics I really got into were some old Legion of Superheroes collections.

11. charahome

charahome Member

I have to admit that my alltime favorite comic book has always been superman. Haven't read one in a long time, though.

12. Elle

Elle New Member

I love the Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman. I am a die hard DC fan and my marvel friends keep saying that I am morbid, dark and twisted. I however just like the fact that DC comics deal more realistically with the human condition. I first read Gaiman's Death; The High Cost Of Living and was hooked. I then read all the volumes in his Series and have never looked back. It's really hard for me to choose which book in the series I like but if I absolutely had to choose, it would be Preludes and Nocturnes.

aboleth_lich likes this.
  13. Faemonic

Faemonic Member

I enjoy Neil Gaiman, too. "Brief Lives" is my favorite of his Sandman series, but from all his work, I think he really shines in his short stories.

My favorite comic book of all time ever, ever--is Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis. I grew up in Indonesia--the predominantly Islamic capital of Jakarta, and my family had moved there just as the War on Terror started. It was a big break for my parents, too big a break to move, so I stayed and grew up there and it was all right but could get scary at times. A little of that was mirrored in the more extreme conditions of the Iranian cultural revolution portrayed in Persepolis, so that's why it's my favorite. It didn't change my life, but it became very much a part of my childhood.

14. primalclaws1974

When I was rea young I read "Archie" and "Casper", but I mainly have enjoyed superhero books. I like Marvel in particular. "Spider-man", "Thor", "The Incredible Hulk" "Wolverine" and "Fantastic Four" were my favorites. The movies have done all right by the books, except for "Fantastic Four". I felt those movies were weak.

15. BluBird

BluBird Member

For graphic novels, my faves were Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, and V For Vendetta.

For series, it's Conan hands down, but I also enjoy The Walking Dead, New Avengers, and even though it's really kiddy.....Runaways.

16. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Member

Oh, this ones easy.

My favorite Story Arc, Knightquest.
    Favorite GN, Dark Knight Returns.
    Favorite series, Legends of the Dark Knight.
    Favorite Hero, Spider-Man (no really!)
    Favorite Villains, Red Skull, Dr. Doom, Joker
    Most Disliked Hero, Robin (I can't stand the Boy Wonder)
    Most Disliked Villain, Galactus