Music Favorite Christmas song

I know a lot of Christmas songs are straight up cheesy. A lot of them just annoy me but I do have one that I really, REALLY like. "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses is to me want "Summertime " by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince is to me. Quite simply, it's that one song that I HAVE to listen to during a certain time of the year or else that time of the year won't really feel right.

So do you guys have a favorite Christmas song? Maybe a song that you have to listen to a certain time of year?

I'll go with my favorite Christmas song from my favorite Beatles member: Happy X-Mas (War is Over) by John Lennon.
Though I'm really loving Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Sam Smith

I don't know if I could ever pick just one. There are so many good ones to choose from, and I really like Christmas music. you have the funny and silly ones, the cheesy ones, and the more traditional religious ones. I guess if I just have to pick ONE it would be "Grandma got run over by a reindeer", it wouldn't be Christmas without hearing it at least once. My kids heard "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" for the first time yesterday and have been singing it ever since. :)

I absolutely love the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Christmas music and metal. I had their music playing almost 24/7 last Christmas, and I think I may do the same this year.
If I had to choose, I would say this is my favorite song they've done.

My favourite song is "all I want for Christmas is you"!!
Have you guys heard of it before? I love its melody, because it makes me think of Christmas!!
I like "have yourself a merry little Christmas" too....o_O
o_O

I'm obssessed with any and all versions of Last Christmas. I listen to Christmas song year round I love them so much.

This Christmas by Donny Hathaway, When Christmas Comes by Mayriah & John Legend, Christmas Lights by Coldplay, Maybe This Christmas by Ron Sexsmith, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Andrew Belle, Christmas in Harlem by Kanye, CiHi da Prynce and Teyanna Taylor and Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses

All I want for Christmas is you. All of the cover songs of it is good.

I have nothing against cheesy. I love "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and any song that people can sing together. The First Noel, for one.

My absolute favorite though is Sleigh Ride, because of how jolly and bouncy it is!

I like "Peace on Earth/Little Drummerboy" with Bing Crosby and David Bowie. It's definitely very deep and a tear jerker. If anyone has a chance, check it out. It's actually one of Bowie's best songs, though obviously, due to it's Christmas content, it's probably not seen as such by many people.

Note, the song was originally recorded on a Christmas special in 1977 but didn't get commercial success until it was released on a pictured single in 1982.

Last edited: