TV and Film Favorite Cartoon Show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrSackfist, Jul 4, 2013.

1. MrSackfist

MrSackfist Member

What is your favorite Cartoon show at the moment. I believe mine has to be Regular Show as of now, it is quite decent and you can clearly see it is aimed at an older audience while retaining some content for a young audience. What about you? What is your favorite cartoon show?

rzashida likes this.
  2. 2787cmt

2787cmt Member

I do not watch a lot of cartoons, but I like a couple different cartoon shows. My favorite would probably be Tom and Jerry. I remember watching it when I was little, and I still watch it every once and a while today.

3. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

You should watch more! What's keeping you?

4. twistedyees8787

There is still nothing better than ducktales. It was so excited to get home from school and watch the greatest show ever.

5. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Member

I used to love Tom & Jerry! Every 6pm on Cartoon Network every night haha. I'm sure i've watched all of them and even repeated watching them many times.

6. lamlam

lamlam New Member

I love Dexter's Lab, and the Mask. I have never caught them again though. I have watched these 100 times and I do not mind watching them again and again. Nowadays, I still enjoy Tom and Jerry, although I think the older versions are better.

7. Fitzythird

Fitzythird Member

I caught myself laughing out loud the other day as I was watching a cartoon called Gravity Falls on Disney Channel with my daughters. This is definitely an off beat show and I'm frankly surprised Disney green lighted it. It is however hilarious and I would recommend checking it out. My daughters are 11 and 6 and they don't even get half the humor and they love it!

8. MissPotato

MissPotato New Member

I love cartoons, especially those based from movies or books or comic books that I follow. I loved the Disney-Marvel tie up, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but it got cancelled after just 2 seasons. It was replaced with Avengers Assemble, which isn't that good to be honest, but I still watch it because nothing else is good anyway

9. rzashida

rzashida New Member

The regular show is so crazy, my children got me hooked on that show. I thought I was done with cartoons until I watched how much of a weasel Rigby can be. Everyone has a moronic friend who constantly gets them into crazy situations or at least they used to have a friend like that, this show is relatable. :D

10. zlemune

zlemune Member

Right now as in currently on the air? Definitely Archer :D

I haven't caught Regular Show yet, but I just checked the Wikipedia entry and it sounds pretty interesting. Can't go wrong with some Mark Hamill voice acting, anyhow.

11. lxandreaxl

lxandreaxl New Member

I, too, have to go with Archer. That show constantly has me laughing! I've been watching season 4 episodes online and can't wait for season 5. FX definitely gets a thumbs up from me!

12. bknight

bknight Member

My actual list is something like Archer, American Dad, Simpsons, oldie ones as a kid probably would be, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, all of the Looney Tunes, and of course, Tom and Jerry, oh and batman animated series aswell as spider-man and x-men. those were the days!

13. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I watch several cartoons: Daria, Ugly Americans, Family Guy, American dad, Cleveland, The Simpsons, Naruto, Death Note, Bleach, Happy Tree Friends, cow & chicken, courage, the oblongs, odd job jack, robot chicken, etc. Too bad some of those cartoons are no longer aired over here :( Adult swim is gone!

14. MercyL

MercyL New Member

Samurai Jack is my absolute favorite cartoon. I have managed to watch it on Boomerang.
    The zen like story lines are fascinating and I am drawn to the bright colors.

The episode I remember most is that where Jack wanted to learn to jump high, like the bearded forest dwelling tribe he was visiting. I, and I can't be the only fan, expected these little beardy guys to have some secret diet or magic potion quaffed just before leaping as tall as their trees were high.

Instead, the tied rocks to Jack and made him climb while wearing them. Too funny!

15. zlemune

zlemune Member

Since people are mentioning oldies, does anyone else remember Eek! the Cat?

16. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

South Park. It is funny, smart, well-written and has the greatest characters.

17. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I used to watch Pokemon every Saturday morning about ten years ago. I would get up 7 o'clock in the morning to catch the Pokemon show, and I would record the whole TV show on the VCR.

18. tvjunkie

tvjunkie Member

It's been quite a while since I watched cartoons so I don't even know what's trending these days. My past favorites were Dexter's Lab and The Simpsons. I even wonder if those ones are still on air!

19. Dreek Lass

Dreek Lass Member

Whenever people mention cartoons to me, the only ones that immediately spring to mind are Hey Arnold, and Recess. Those have to be my all-time favorite cartoon. I actually - at 23 - still watch such cartoons. I like to watch something whilst I eat, and when I have nothing to watch, I'll get some episodes od Hey Arnold or Recess up on Youtube and watch them as I eat.

I also love The Boondocks, but that is more of an adult cartoon than anything else.

20. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Family Guy is so good! I used to watch it all the time when I was young. The Simpsons is another cartoon show I like too.