Books Favorite Book?

I am surprised that this topic has not already been made, but I did not see it. What is your favorite book? What makes it your favorite?

I think my favorite book is Because of Winn-Dixie. I have read it many times. :)

What about you?

Administrator
Staff member
That's a tough question. I was always a fan of A Wrinkle In Time.

Super hard question to answer, even if I've been asked like a thousand times. My top picks are:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Great Gatsby (for real) by Fitzgerald
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
and...
The Notebook :oops: by Nicholas Sparks

Hands down my favorite book is by an unknown author named Peter Lord-Wolfe called "The Silence In Heaven". This story follows an angel named Tashum through his fall from heaven during the time when thousands were cast out of the light. The author developed these characters to the point they feel like real people and towards the end you become extremely emotionally attached. Unfortunately to this day there has not been a sequel to this amazing story.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It is the only book that has succeeded in making me cry.

I am a big fan of Dan Brown. His Deception point being my favorite book. I have read all his books and I will b starting his latest Inferno very soon. I can not put down his books, very well written that I lose myself in his books. The ideas are one of a kind, enjoyable and exciting too. I also enjoy Sidney Sheldon's and Sandra Brown's collections. I prefer mysteries and horror over romance.

Out of the billions I’ve read, I can’t compare any to Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. The images from that book are carved in my mind and I’d like to see a modern remake of the film adaptation.

So hard to say favorite. I have lots of favorites for the different moods I'm in. For romance, I love Jane Austen and not Pride and Prejudice, but Persuasion. For fantasy, (after I graduated from The Hobbit) I grew to love The Fellowship of the Ring. I usually stick to paranormal these days, but I can't say there's anything I'd call a favorite.

I love to read, and have a lot of favorite books; so picking one is not easy. However, I think the book that I probably most enjoyed reading, and have read several times, is a story called "Emergence" by David Palmer (if I remember right). Emergence is the story of a young teenage girl, emerging from a bomb shelter, and she travels across the country with only her Blue Macaw, looking for other survivors.
She keeps a kind of shorthand diary, and that is how the book is presented.
It is great reading, and I would recommend it to anyone as an excellent book.

I have enjoyed a lot of books in the past and here are my favorites:
  • The Da Vinci Code
  • Harry Potter (books 1 to 7)
  • The House of the Scorpion (this book is good guys. You might even cry)
  • Angelology
  • Twilight Saga
And others that I cannot even remember anymore.