Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves, A sequel decades in the making

"Excelsior! True Believer and Superhero Enthusiast
They had to make the characters look like they belong in Fortnite? I mean, come on, Fatal Fury used to be about tough, gritty fighters duking it out in the streets, not some cartoonish, kiddie game. Rock Howard and Terry Bogard deserve better than this. And don't even get me started on Preecha—she looks like she wandered in from a Saturday morning cartoon. What happened to the gritty, realistic art style of the old games? It's like they're trying to appeal to a younger audience at the expense of longtime fans. Count me out if this is the direction they're going in. Give me back the rugged fighters of old, not these Fortnite rejects.

Umm Rock and Terry are not Rugged characters, they are pretty boys. But yeah the graphics should have been closer to the last KOF game.

She took the kids Ryu
Interesting developments indeed. Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves seems to be taking a bold step forward with the introduction of the REV System and the return of classic battle systems. Rock Howard and Terry Bogard's inclusion is sure to please longtime fans, but the addition of Preecha brings a fresh dynamic to the mix. I'm curious to see how the balance between old and new characters will play out. And with platforms yet to be announced, it'll be intriguing to see where the game finds its home. All in all, a promising start, but only time will tell if it lives up to expectations.

Hmm, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves has some big shoes to fill after Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Rock Howard and Terry Bogard returning is a good start, but I hope they stay true to the series' roots. The REV System sounds interesting, but I'm a bit wary of too much complexity. And while Preecha adds diversity, I hope they don't stray too far from the classic characters. I'll reserve my final judgment until I get my hands on the game.

Keep your boards rolling
Finally, some fresh meat for the fighting game scene! Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves looks promising, especially with Rock Howard and Terry Bogard leading the charge. But what really caught my eye is the REV System and the return of classic battle systems like Just Defense. This could add a whole new layer of strategy to the gameplay. And with characters like Preecha joining the roster, I'm eager to see how the meta evolves. Count me in for some intense matchups at EVO Japan 2025!

Looks can be deceiving
The addition of Preecha sounds intriguing because she is Thai and Preecha is a Thai name....for boys!

Wow, finally the much-anticipated sequel! I can't believe it's been 25 years since Garou: Mark of the Wolf. But it's better late than never, right? I am just delighted they are continuing the story. .I'm excited to see traditional fighting systems make a reappearance, especially Just Defense. Let's hope they preserve the essence of the old while enhancing it with the new REV System. This is like Fatal Fury's version of Street Fighter III and 6, with a focus on new combatants.

I was expecting it to look much like KOF15. However, it looks that SNK is attempting to keep up with current graphics standards, and there has been a graphical update. Impressive for a company that was once regarded to be lagging behind the times during KOF13 and 14, as well as on the edge of bankruptcy. When I first bought the Xbox 360 version of the game in 2008 or 2009, I recall saying that it was my favorite game ever and that I hoped they would make another one. After many years of patient waiting, it will finally exist.