Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Talkback *SPOILERS*

has left HJU. Not coming back.
So has anyone seen it yet? I'm planning to watch it next week or two weeks.

Let's discuss!

Lurker
http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2_rise_of_the_silver_surfer/

I saw that coming. First movie made more than enough money to pretty much gurantee to the execs that there was nothing to fix with the formula see in the first eyesore of a film. Don't get in with ridiculous "it'll be better than the first" expectations and most who want a fun film will probably be fine.

On the plus side, Jetix UK are airing the awesome Silver Surfer cartoon.

Super Moderator
I was really into seeing this until I heard about Galactus. Now I'm quickly losing interest. Even from a comic-to-screen adaptation needs standpoint it is utterly lame and a total whiz on one of Jack Kirby's greatest creations for one of the best stories in Stan and Jacks original run.

WOW! way to go. create a thread with three people posting who havn't seen it yet.

One word: FANTASTIC

The film goes RIGHT into the action no long intro or epic score. we see Gah Lak Tus destroy a world and the surfer take off. the Credits rolling at the bottom corner while the wedding jitters settle in. The film from start to finish moves at a terrific pace and the exceptional cast continues to show the incredible chemistry they have with one another throughout the film. Johnny also gets to have a lot more depth. Laurance Fishburn does a much better job as a voice actor than he did in Ninja Turtles and the surfers CGI is phenominal. Stan Lee of course has his required Cameo...only this time he plays himself trying to sneek into the Richards Wedding only to get turned back by the bouncer. A nice touch is when the Gah Lak Tus cloud passes over Saturn we see the silloutte of 616 Galactus form over the Planet. Finally the cloud itself is not Gah Lak Tus (Argueabley) at the end the Surfer flies to the center and confronts his Master and we see a solid shape behind a wall of energy. The cloud itself is merely the Marvel Movie-Verse form of his world-ship. Unfortunetly Doom continues to be the eyesore of the cast. written much better in this film than the Norman Osborn rip-off he was in the first one, He starts off horrendously scarred and acting much more in keeping with his traditional counterparts from other media. unfortuently after his encounter with the surfer his wounds from the first film heal and we're back to the same pretty-boy poorly cast Doom we had in the first movie. so ... Doom 1st 1/2 of the film good. 2nd 1/2...BAD & Boring.

People love to complain about films and every now and then they have legitate gripes. But with the exception of Doom, the First film was phenominal (The scene with Ben asleep and johnny trying to tickle him was pure comic chemistry) This film ends a little sudden, but no more-so than would really happen in the comics. Doom gets humiliated again (The best way to traditionally beat him) and a scene after the credits saves the end from feeling cheap.

F4 - Fantastic
Surfer - Awsome (They make sure he says Norrin Rad)
Gah Lak Tus - Better than the Ultimate incarnation, not as good as 616.
Doom - LAME (SO LAME)

I might see it again just to give the box office a couple extra bucks. will DEFENITLY be buying it on DVD. oh and for once the Fantasti-Car didn't Fantasi-Suck.

It's Judgement Time!
I didn't like the first film much but this one looks pretty damn good, if only because of the scenes with Silver Surfer. I read about Galactus or (Gah Lak Tus?) being this space cloud but I kind of like that change. Well, a cloud itself it not the kewlest idea ever, but it's better than a thousand foot tall purple and blue colored guy in tights and a helmet. Don't think I'll see this one in theaters but I would love to see a clip of Gah Lak Tus talking, just to see what he sounds like.

Does he fight or arrive in some form? I dont care about spoilers for this particular movie, it's more of a fascination.

no . The guy who played Mr. Fantastic pointed out in an interview a few months ago. The Film is Called "Rise of the SILVER SURFER" it is not Gah Lak Tus film, so he shows up only at the end to devour earth and the Surfer stops him. They made a point of the focus being on Norin not Galen.

And I can agree with the Product Placment (The Fantasticar is a Dodge?) but they mocked themselves with the costume covered in Ads....hehe, Bring on Booster Gold the movie!!!

It's Judgement Time!
no . The guy who played Mr. Fantastic pointed out in an interview a few months ago. The Film is Called "Rise of the SILVER SURFER" it is not Gah Lak Tus film, so he shows up only at the end to devour earth and the Surfer stops him. They made a point of the focus being on Norin not Galen.

That's a pretty good decision, because everything I've seen with Silver looked epic. In that "oh **** he's here" essence, the way he's this herald of death and destruction. I like that.

Super Moderator
I didn't like the first film much but this one looks pretty damn good, if only because of the scenes with Silver Surfer. I read about Galactus or (Gah Lak Tus?) being this space cloud but I kind of like that change. Well, a cloud itself it not the kewlest idea ever, but it's better than a thousand foot tall purple and blue colored guy in tights and a helmet. Don't think I'll see this one in theaters but I would love to see a clip of Gah Lak Tus talking, just to see what he sounds like.

Does he fight or arrive in some form? I dont care about spoilers for this particular movie, it's more of a fascination.

No version of the design for Galactus ever had "tights" involved. He's always been armored and at worst he's had armor with shortened sleeves and leggings. Some variation of the plates and Kirby linework would have looked awesome onscreen. The color would have been easy enough to rework into being less garish. It is just utter and unjustifiable BS to do this story and not portray Galactus right.

It is mindboggling to me that we've come all this way with superhero films and all the movie making technology available, the ability to bring both the Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Fours powers to life that when they come to one of Jack Kirbys best creations, and a key figure to the very story they are adapting their answer is NOTHING!

A cloud. Yeah, woo. So if they ever do Darkseid I guess he should just be a wet rock. Just a rock sitting on chair, not even moving.

And I can agree with the Product Placment (The Fantasticar is a Dodge?) but they mocked themselves with the costume covered in Ads....hehe, Bring on Booster Gold the movie!!!

Seriously! Don't forget....it's a Hemi as well.:redface2:

And yeah, do not also forget about the Dell computers!:sly: