Facebook attacks Japan for beating the US to win 2011 women's world cup.

That is really stupid. It's JUST a game!

Then again...this is soccer we are talking about...a game in which fans are just as violent as, if not more than, hockey players...if not worse. I mean the Pistons/Pacer Brawl or the Raider Black Hole doesn't even compare.:laugh:

Lurker
Is this really about the Women's soccer cup?

I find it hard to believe so many Americans care about soccer :laugh:

This is all over Soccer/ football..... and your bringing up Pearl Harbor?

Wishing death and major destruction on someone is never okay.... Someone needs to teach these people some manners and common sense.

i agree its never right to talk about the past

Harumph.
I don't think half of these people even cared enough to watch the damn game.

They're just looking for any excuse to spew their venom, and should be ignored.

Mad Skillz
Yeah, there is no way any of these people cared this much about the game, they're just nationalistic pricks. I doubt most of them have ever even seen a full game or even watched this one.

Lurker
On the lighter side of things, it has been a surprising year for soccer.

The US women's soccer team was the favorite to win the world cup and they lost, and in the South American Soccer Cup the two favorite teams, Brazil and Argentina, didn't even reached the semifinals, and the tournament is being held in Argentina.

Yeah, there is no way any of these people cared this much about the game, they're just nationalistic pricks. I doubt most of them have ever even seen a full game or even watched this one.

I hate nationalists in general because of that. It's good you want to be your own thing , but seriously, why attack fellow human beings due to any "difference" built by social or cultural means. In general , nationalism is just becoming more and more ludicrous as a global identity forms and becoming more and more like racism and homophobia,nothing more or less.

I haven't watched a game , but I've played it. It's not such a big deal and it's not like the world will end or if America will implode because of one loss. And how does Pearl Harbor and the tsunami factor in this?

FacepalmGF1.jpg