Explore The Forbidden Land Of Eureka In Final Fantasy XIV Online March 13

Staff member
Eureka! That's what you could theoretically be saying when Final Fantasy XIV introduces Patch 4.25 on March 13. This patch will introduce a new unexplored area to the game: the Forbidden Land Of Eureka. The region will be packed with new challenges and unseen weapons to collect, and its storyline will reveal more about the inspector Hildibrand.

ffxiv_pub_patch4_25_02_small-png.290

Square's press release follows.

LOS ANGELES (March 1, 2018) – On March 13, the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Stormblood™ saga continues with the release of Patch 4.25 and the untamed Forbidden Land of Eureka within. This region will feature new battle elements to challenge players which are crucial to obtaining powerful new weapons. This content update will also bring the latest chapter in the adventures of the inspector extraordinaire, Hildibrand.

The Forbidden Land of Eureka is an expansive, unexplored area that brings a number of changes to the normal pillars of gameplay:
  • Field Area-Style Gameplay: Up to 144 players may occupy a single instance. Players are encouraged to group up with fellow adventurers to hunt notorious monsters and work towards common goals.
  • Player Progression: Players will gain elemental EXP to strengthen their ability to harness the elements, and may also use the new Magia Board feature to customize their elemental affinities to aid them in exploring Eureka.
  • Altered Battle Mechanics: Additional strategy is required in battle through an element system, in which players must utilize the Magia Board to change the element affinity of their attack to oppose their enemy’s. Players will customize their Magia Board’s elemental attributes prior to exploration using a Magia Melder, and must carefully consider their setup depending on the goal of the adventure.
  • Rewards: Players will occasionally earn protean crystals through exploration of Eureka, and may use them to enhance Eureka weapons and gear with the aid of the famed blacksmith, Gerolt.

Additionally, the annual Little Ladies’ Day seasonal event begins today through March 14. The Songbirds return to Eorzea™ for yet another performance, and players will be able to take part in the festivities with three new emotes earned through a special questline.

The FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial allows new players to join the millions of adventurers in the realm of Eorzea™. The free trial allows anyone to access all available content up to level 35 (including PvP content), create up to eight playable characters, and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime.
All editions of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, including the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood expansion, may be purchased through the Square Enix® Online Store.

Attachments

• FFXIV_PUB_Patch4_25_02_small.png
    FFXIV_PUB_Patch4_25_02_small.png
    438.3 KB · Views: 118
  • FFXIV_PUB_Patch4_25_02_small.png
    FFXIV_PUB_Patch4_25_02_small.png
    438.3 KB · Views: 249
I think earning crystals and then buying aid weapons would be an interesting. I hope this patch comes in and we get to try this out. It seems like they added lot of small yet nice features so far.

These looks very interesting, I love the upgrades done with this game and I'm definitely sure it's going to add more pleasure and pleasant gaming experience to all the Final Fantasy gamers. I'm seriously looking forward to getting this.

The 144- player instances is simply amazing. Allowing up to that many people to group up and work together at the same time will make everything even better. Also using protean crystals to enhance Eureka weapons and gear by the blacksmith Gerolt is a good touch.