Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

J

JoshPosh

Has anyone seen this movie yet? Well I haven't and I'm not going to watch it. How many times has this story been told? It's been done in live action and animated, but they still want to dump $100+ millions of dollars into another Moses film. I think I'd rather watch the animated version and save the money.

Enough with the biblical to cinema movies. It's been done so many times already.

I've watched this film already with 3 other friends, and I'd say that I was pleased with it. About your issue with the different versions and all, these kinds of movies pop up here and there due to one simple reason : interpretation. Although the movies come from the same source, the movie will vary depending on how the director sees or understands how to portray it, hence the reason why in some versions for example, Rameses II dies, and in others, he doesn't, so on and so forth.

Well, there was a lot of things written in the Bible that wasn't really portrayed in this version (Rameses actually dies, sea is split in half and doesn't go down in level like it was drained, tornado of fire etc) but it's good enough I guess.

I personally enjoy an occasional Bible story. It's not my normal forte, but once in awhile it is okay. I enjoyed the animated "Prince of Egypt" immensely, and still watch it once in awhile. To say they do them too much is silly to me. How many times are we going to see "Die Hard" type movies, or teenage, going across the country and finding ourselves movies? Movies are bound to repeat themselves. I am actually really looking forward to this movie.

Has anyone seen this movie yet? Well I haven't and I'm not going to watch it. How many times has this story been told? It's been done in live action and animated, but they still want to dump $100+ millions of dollars into another Moses film. I think I'd rather watch the animated version and save the money.

Enough with the biblical to cinema movies. It's been done so many times already.
I agree with the bible to cinema movies. Not really a fan of it myself, but I did watch Son of man, and it wasn't bad, the movies tried to squeeze in all the important parts of the life of jesus.