Prompto sounded annoying in English dub while I find his voice sexier in Japanese so I played the game with Japanese dub. This video is a comparison of the English cast and the Japanese cast. Who is the best actor for each character?

Prompto sounded annoying in English dub while I find his voice sexier in Japanese so I played the game with Japanese dub. This video is a comparison of the English cast and the Japanese cast. Who is the best actor for each character?
I know, right? Prompto's lines are quite cringy when you hear it for the first time after playing the game in Japanese.

I feel like they all sound better in Japanese audio.

I think Japanese dialogue usually don't appear cheesy either as we take the proper context. Usually US based dub don't follow Japanese humor and even some of the culture references. And that shows up easily.

A good dub is vital to make the game look good. I once saw a game dubbed in Spanish and forget it, I couldn't even play it!!

I think you would have to speak Japanese, to have a answer for this question- but I really don't think his voice sounds that bad. I think Prompto is just a happy-go-lucky type of guy in Final Fantasy 15-and he sounds that way to me- when he talks in English.

Although Gladio sounded better in FFXV Japanese dub, I really loved Noctis, Prompto, and Ignis and I think they sounded better in the English dub.

I actually think Japanese voices look pretty cool, they give a special vibe to the game, I really like it. Thinking of it, it's almost as good as in English!

I actually think Japanese voices look pretty cool, they give a special vibe to the game, I really like it. Thinking of it, it's almost as good as in English!
Maybe the reason I prefer the english dub is because I can't understand anything in Japanese so I've got to read the subtitles.

For me, I really loved the way Luna's English voice was, it really suited her. At the sam time, everyone sounded better in Japanese especially Noctis and Prompto..so I just settled for the Japanese voice cast.

There is always gonna be some element of cheesy in there so I guess it just comes with the territory. I have come to accept that as a part of it all though and it really makes little difference to me.