ELVIS Review: Once the King, Always the King

Elvis Presley probably was, without any doubt, one of the biggest icons of the past, and still yearned, 20th century. He was an artist able to shock the 50´s American conservative society with the movement of his hips, at rythm of an underground style of music created by the segregated black community, bringing it to the masses, changing the popular culture forever, transcending from being just a popular artist to an immortal icon, symbol of an era beloved by millions of people from different generations around the globe.
Baz Luhrmann has portrayed all this on this incredible biopic that gives an unique vision of the icon above the man through the eyes of the man who helped to build the myth, Elvis manager, the colonel Tom Parker, played by a terrific Tom Hanks, in another unforgettable performance of his long, yet memorable career. Neverheless, the real shining star of the film, is Austin Butler, defending Elvis legacy in dramatic fashion, bringing back to life the king of rock...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing this movie on opening day was one of the few things I wished I could have done. Without a doubt, the year's best film for me, although there were times when I thought I was only watching Elvis. I hope Austin Butler receives the recognition he merits for his outstanding work. The timing, music, and style were all right for me. I highly recommend seeing this movie.

I watched this movie tonight, and Austin Butler was amazing. At one point, I forgot I was seeing an actor portray Elvis Presley. It will be a helluva tragedy if that man does not win some significant acting honors for this part. Austin vanished become Lisa Marie's dad.

I think as it is hard real actress for Marily Monore it is hard for Elvis Presely. That moves can be done but the charisma he spread among people is difficult to repeat.

He is one of the best and without any doubt, a legend who took dancing to a new level. A large number of kids were inspired by him and took dancing as a career and made their parents proud.