El Globo Viendo - FK, Undrave, Aoi: Giant Post Counts All Out Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I really should get around to buying that movie, I saw it ounce when it first came out,I do remember tearing up when I saw the scene of the mother holding her children during Godzilla's rampage.
It's definitely worth getting. The film is a piece of history really. I don't know if you have a blu-ray player or not but if you wait until Jan. 24 then Criterion is going to release Godzilla on blu-ray (I think a DVD version as well). If they treat this release as any other then it will probably be the best looking version of Godzilla available.

The destruction scene is very powerful when it does come around about an hour into the movie. You're waiting for Godzilla to show up and when he does it is a terrible sight. It's really something you watch in its entirety when you can.

That what Godzilla originally was though, an analogy of the atomic bomb. He just got really popular and they decided to do more movies going the more well known monster vs monster route.
I knew that much going in. I just did not expect the level of real emotion that is present in the film. Characters like Serizawa and Professor Yamane really made the movie fantastic for me. And like I mentioned in my reply to Bad Wolf, the destruction scene when Godzilla emerges from Tokyo Bay is very, very memorable. It's unlike later Godzilla movies because the city is just a battleground then. In the original Godzilla is just this indiscriminant evil and destructive force destroying everything in his path.

What is your favorite G-movie, sci?

Mad Skillz
Man, I definitely know how Mr. G feels about the original film, I remember having the same introduction shock when I first saw it a couple of years ago. I had only seen the VS movies and some of the early Heisei era stuff before then, so going into it my expectations were of Godzilla films either being straight up horror monster films or superhero monster films. The serious, really allegorical approach the original film has pretty darn impressive to me. And that ending, man, it probably remains one of my favorite endings in film.

I might find myself grabbing that upcoming release, even though that other release is only a few years old, I never actually bought it, so having a copy of my own would be awesome.

Speaking of the big G, is anyone looking forward to that new Godzilla Legends comic? It releases tomorrow and looks pretty awesome.

Heroes are forever
I beat the Elite 4 and Alder while under leveled

:D

That is all. Champion away!

success_baby1.jpg

It really is a great feeling.

Skreeong!
It's definitely worth getting. The film is a piece of history really. I don't know if you have a blu-ray player or not but if you wait until Jan. 24 then Criterion is going to release Godzilla on blu-ray (I think a DVD version as well). If they treat this release as any other then it will probably be the best looking version of Godzilla available.
That's right, I forgot about that release. I really should update when it does come out, I only have the original DVD release from like 2002 and it's a really crappy VHS transfer.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Dang critérion releases are usually real expensive no?

success_baby1.jpg

It really is a great feeling.

Especialy since I was kicking myself about stupidly saving INSIDE the Pokémon league and being stuck with pokémon 10 level too low. It was a...COSTLY victory but I managed to pull through :D

Crustle really held it's own.

Eye See You
Almost long weekend time for me... get the ice cold beers and blu-rays ready. Who's coming over for some naked ping pong?.

Would you believe Destroy All Monsters

Why not?. That one was fun as hell. That just got a Blu-ray release earlier this month as well.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
That's right, I forgot about that release. I really should update when it does come out, I only have the original DVD release from like 2002 and it's a really crappy VHS transfer.
It will be totally worth getting. Criterion always does a terrific job with older films. Their release of Seven Samurai looks absolutely incredible for such an old film.

Dang critérion releases are usually real expensive no?
They're not too bad. The upcoming Godzilla blu-ray is $24.99 USD and the DVD is probably a little less.

Would you believe Destroy All Monsters
I really need to the get the blu-ray release that FK mentioned. I have yet to see Destroy All Monsters. :/

And BTW, :laugh: at the thread title. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.