Books eBooks or physical copies?

This is more of a general question instead of specific books, but I'm interested. What do you guys rather prefer; eBooks, or the hard cover copy? Why?

Overall, I would prefer eBooks. They are usually more convenient, and easier to carry around. When I read books, I will mostly read them when I'm in bed. Because of how my bed is placed, I would have to physically get up and turn off the light as opposed to having a desk right next to me with a light source. If I had the physical copy, it would simply take too much work for me to get out of my bed because I finished reading a book. With eBooks, you can simply put away your mobile device under your pillow. Simple as that. I know some people prefer physical copies because of the interaction with the book, and how you can feel it, but most of the time, it's a hassle to carry around.

It depends... I love physical books because I don't need to use a special device to have access to the info inside my book. Specially my ''self teaching'' books - I really like to learn languages on my own :) In that case I think it's much better to keep a physical book around. Because you can write on them, make notes and highlight important parts. I prefer my non fiction books to be physical copies I can keep nearby :)

The only books I like to have as e-book copies are the non fiction ones, since I don't need to highlight important parts or write notes on the pages :) I just read that kind of books for fun; in that cases I think the e-book format is more than perfect.

I like both, but deep down I probably prefer paper books. There is just something about them -- the feel, the smell, the excitement of opening a new book. I carry paper books everywhere and read them all the time. And libraries are full of paper books. I do have the Kindle app on my Mac, and I've downloaded books, read them and enjoyed them. I have the feeling that if I ever found an ebook that I really loved, that I would want the paper copy.

When I'm at home, I prefer reading printed books. Nothing beats the feel of actually flipping through the pages when reading a novel in a rainy day. But when I'm traveling, I prefer reading ebooks on my phone.

I do not know if it's just me but there is something spiritual whenever I open a book for the very first time. Maybe it's the nostalgic smell of a newly purchased book and how it fills my soul. Maybe it's the texture of the paper and how it satisfies my urge to feel something. I can't quite put my finger on it but it makes reading experience all the more unique. And besides, I do not have any tablet but if in case I'll have one, I wouldn't have it any other way still.

Ebooks are quicker to get, but I like the real thing. If you were a geeky bookworm in school like me, you'll probably never grow out of it. I can even multitask and read a real book while I'm watching TV!

I prefer the hard copies because I collect books. I like adding books to my shelf. Although I see the practicality of purchasing eBooks, it will be something that I will do only when I run out of space. One thing I like about eBooks though is that they can be read even in the dark.

I have enjoyed reading since I was a young child and got my first Roy Rogers comic book, and I have been a reader ever since.
I really love the feel of a book, and did not really expect to enjoy reading with my iPad, however, I do..... I really do !
It is surprisingly simple, and I don't need a lot of space to store the books, they just live "in the cloud", and are there when I want them.
I still enjoy reading a real book, and when it is an information book that I want to be able to look up something again later, it is still easier for me to flip pages than it is to find it in an ebook.
I think there are good points for both, and now, I would not want to limit myself to only having one or the other.

I think most people who grew up reading physical books (which is most people on the planet, as of now) prefer reading physical books. Sometimes, I'll feel a twinge of guilt for consuming a product that kills trees, but I still like them. I wonder what the consensus will be in 30-40 years, when more children will be growing up with e-books instead of paper books.

I prefer paper books, because it's more satisfying to read 100 pages and physically see how much I've read. It's a little easier on my eyes too, and being able to make notes on the pages is great for my classes.

Ebooks are easier to get though, and cheaper. I'm on a budget, so I'll take what I can get, unfortunately. Bringing a Kindle around is also easier than carrying a bag full of books, and makes reading for pleasure more convenient, so I'm more likely to actually do it, ahah. I guess they save paper too, so there's that.