I am the law
So because I'm on a Stargate kick, I pick up a Back Ops Daniel Jackson figure on ebay using Buy It Now. Like a moron, I don't read the payment description fully. No Paypal, only postal money order.
Well, I had a few things to mail yesterday, so I was able to get a postal MO and not have to make an extra trip to the post office. I then send a message via Ebay, that I have sent payment via mail to the seller.

THEN I get a message (through Ebay) today that says "Please send no payment. I over-counted the quantity of these I had in storage. There are none available. Any payment sent will be immediately returned. Apologies!" from the seller.

This just pisses me off to NO end, and shows that he is not worthy to shop from EVER again!
1) I can understand that some people don't use Paypal. But if you sell alot of stuff, it just makes sense to get payment as quickly as possible and then ship as quickly as possible.
2) He can't keep track of his own inventory!?! The listing for this item, there was 2 available. I bought the first one, and to my knowledge, the second one didn't sell. But all of the sudden NOW he doesn't have the quantity he thought?

So I sent him a reply that I had already sent payment yesterday and for him to return it ASAP once he receives it. But now what do I do...leave a neutral feedback or negative? I'm leaning towards negative because he did not come through on the contractual obligation. Then again, right now I'm a little to pissed off to make a rational desicion.

Any thoughts, assuming you could make sense of this rant?

Oh, and his user ID is 'onthetruepath'. He has no listings for sale right now, but if you ever come across one of his auctions, just turn the other way.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
Wait until you get your money back, dude. This sounds like more of a neutral situation to me since he didn't just stiff you for the payment.

What's the general concensus of this guy's overall feedback? All positive or what?

I am the law
Mostly positive w/ a few neutrals and one neg.

I'm planning on not doing anything until I get my money order back.
What do I do w/ a returned money order though, take it to the bank and cash it, eventhough I was the one who made it?

Im not straight but my boyfriend is
Uhhh..I hate to say it, but I don't think you can get the cash back on that money order...not if it's already made out to the guy. Especially since you bought it at the post office. And if you're lucky, they'll give you the money back in the amount of the money order, but they probably won't give you back what you actually spent ON the money order, ie the $2.

I hope it works out okay for you baby.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Dude, get in touch with your bank and see if they can cancel the money order. They should have it's registry number, so it's possible that it could be done. That way, if the guy's a douche and tries to cash it, it won't allow it.

Also, has the seller given you feedback yet? If he hasn't I'd stick with just giving him a "neutral" feedback saying that the deal fell through for unforseen reasons. If you give him a negative and he hasn't responded yet, he could in turn give you a negative feedback when you weren't the one at fault.