I won Deneb/Zeronos on eBay a few hours ago, for what I felt was a decent price, $35-ish plus $11 shipping.

But, due to my main credit card being frauded yesterday (thanks TFCC!) and closed down, I couldn't pay right when the auction ended, I had to wait until now when I could add a different card to my paypal account.

Except the seller just sent me a revised invoice where he jacked the shipping cost up to $31. WTF?

Has this happened to anybody else before? The seller has a low rating of 15, but 100% positive feedback, so I'm hoping it's not malicious, and he just realized that he miscalculated how much UPS Ground would cost (but seriously, why do people use UPS, it's so bloody expensive), so I kindly informed him of the cost of a medium Flat Rate Priority mailer and told him to re-invoice me.

Otherwise my retribution will be swift and fierce.

if it was set at 11 for your location then leave him a negative don't pay for the item & be done with it pretty sure you can also report him to ebay for it some how

Yes, but I want to get the figures. :(
We've sent a few messages back and forth, and he said he'll check the post office again on monday to see if he can do as I suggested. but if he doesn't come down on the shipping price, I most definitely will be reporting him and leaving negative feedback.

if it was set at 11 for your location then leave him a negative don't pay for the item & be done with it pretty sure you can also report him to ebay for it some how

Terrible idea. If you don't pay, the feedback will eventually be removed. You need to go through the proper channels to have this problem dealt with.

Yes, but I want to get the figures. :(
We've sent a few messages back and forth, and he said he'll check the post office again on monday to see if he can do as I suggested. but if he doesn't come down on the shipping price, I most definitely will be reporting him and leaving negative feedback.
His mistake isn't your fault, especially if you made the choice after calculating the cost verses other sellers and then chose to go with him.

When you buy, the price you agree too is the price you pay. You shouldn't have to pay a dime more, and i'd advise you to contact ebay.

Btw, do you have a link to the auction in question?

Last edited:
some times if you go directly through the item page will have the shipping the person had as the auction ended and not through the invoice unless he added restrictions or removed it before the auctions end had that someone tried once before to me may be accidental may be malicious just protect yourself and be cautious

Budou though
$11.11 UPS Ground shipping? as you said, UPS shipping is expensive. i can probably see that $11.11 as priority or normal mailing service price but not ups ground. seller has only sold once so he probably didn't know how shipping works with ebay.

who uses ups ground for something small? anyways, hope you get your predicament fixed. just don't be those kinds of people that leaves a negative before receiving the item or fixing the problem.

Just go to pay like you normally do, and manually adjust the shipping rate to reflect what was originally in the auction listing.

Ebay can slam him for changing things after the fact, and $11 easily covers shipping to your location via USPS, simply demand him to ship via this method.

who uses ups ground for something small? anyways, hope you get your predicament fixed. just don't be those kinds of people that leaves a negative before receiving the item or fixing the problem.
Years ago when I was dumb, i'd ship ebay items via UPS until I realized it was costing me $10+ to ship a simple matchbox car to a nearby state.

Because of UPS stores, these new sellers take the path of least resistance and they end up eating it in the end because of how lazy they are.

We came to a compromise. He hit up his post office yesterday and they said the cheapest they could do was $20 for shipping (I did try putting the Ax/Rod set in a Medium flat Rate and it doesn't fit), but I told him the most I could afford was $14 for shipping, because the auction ended $2 under my max bid.

He agreed, I just paid, and if the correct figures show up, then I am happy.

Whats people's obsession with using only flat rate boxes? I mean walmart sells various sizes for about $1 and shipping is almost always cheaper when its exact.

The guy was definitely bullshitting you, $20 would cover an item 4x that size.

Glad your happy with the outcome though.:castlerock: