[Early Release] Power Rangers Jungle Fury - Now The Final Fury [Talk Up!]

Lurker
What I'm more curious to know is if anyone liked Jungle Fury better than Gekiranger.

Frankly I've cringed at least once an episode this entire season. I can't believe they had crap like this on TV. I mean, it had some moments, but just...ugh. Glad it's over.

It's Judgement Time!
I'm still trying to figure out why they felt the need to have the masters turn into the GekiRanger Furry suits for the whole three second segment. That was odd since Dai Shi just stole their animal spirits right afterwards.

I saw the Fox.

The angler was there as well, next to the fox. They just threw in the furry suits for the sentai fans. You know they did.

This episode felt disappointing. It was almost "ho hum" and straight forward. Just completely by-the-books. There was never a sense of urgency. Morticon's arrival on Earth was more imposing than DaiShi's revival of the beast war. The "invasion" just didnt have proper build up, I guess.

It really needed dark clouds, mass destruction, dire situations, and just more of that "overwhelming" type feeling.

Having all the monsters revive and get blown away by the furries felt silly to me.

Overall it just felt like a fizzle of a finale. It was nice to see Rangers getting paired up and coupled up at the very end. Good stuff. But I was hoping for more from the Jarrod/Chamille relationship. I miss the days of Toxica and Jindrax. Real, natural love between villains coupled with real tragedies that see happy endings.

Gekiranger vs Jungle Fury?

Geki wins hands down. The character Long was more evil than DaiShi ever could be, and was a more interesting plot device than anything else in PR's season. Why the writing team said "mmmm we'll copy all this including rinshi.. but a curious plotting character?? Naaaaaah!!" I will never know.

It's just completely silly not to have adopted Long's human character. Would Long have fit into todays JF plot line? No. But thats not the issue. The issue is they didnt write their season outline with Long included and part of it. They could have had a seasonal story with the villains that was 100% more entertaining with Long.

What I'm more curious to know is if anyone liked Jungle Fury better than Gekiranger.

I love the hell out of both of them.

After re-watch, I found these episodes to be more satisfying than GekiRanger's final two episodes. I thought Long was defeated way too easily, and after the battle, the remaining story moved at a glacial pace.

I also applaud the writers for not going the totally predictable route of Dai Shi possessing Scorch and playing the story out like the footage went.

This is the second year in a row in which the Sentai's Big Bad was trapped and sealed, and Power Rangers' was destroyed. There's no point to this other than i thought it was interesting

I do wish we saw more instances of Jarrod trying to fight Dai Shi's influence as that would have made for a very interesting arching sub-plot, but that's a real minor thing.

Eye See You

I'm gonna go on an say 99.9% go for Gekiranger over Jungle Fury.

The sad part is this is the best PR finale in the Disney era. I really did enjoy it alot and the entire series. Very good job.

Gekiranger i still the better of the two but PRJF surpasses everything Disney has thrown out.

RPM has some big shoes to fill for PR and very tiny shoes to fill for Go-Onger lol.

Shiver as you hear my ROAR!!!
Well, PRJF didn't get the GekiRinTouja or GekiRinToujaWolf.
I'm sure there's other combos that weren't there in this season, But I would have loved the latter choice.

Seriously, PR need at least 39 episodes for this reason. The season is way too short to include everything. Oh well. It was a good sendoff. :buttrock:

This episode was amazing! The best finale in the Disney era and better than some of Saban eras as well I would say.

While the Geki animals were completely pointless it was awesome to see them!!! I didn't even finish OO (the only one of 16 seasons!) but JF is absolutely AWESOME!!!