They have. Anti-MS Fanboys would have you believe other wise.

RROD still exists, it's just not as common though. You can't completely full-proof a console, if you mistreat it, it's going to break.

Actually back this time
Even if they eradicated all hardware failures on the 360, people are still going to remember the RROD because it was such a big deal. But yeah, aside from just getting a dud, the RROD has been fixed mostly (yeah, yeah, you can't technically get it now, it's just a dot, but derp) but yeah, people are going to bring it up even if it's no longer relevant.

All consoles have their problems, too many moving parts and all that. I'm pretty sure the only reason some older consoles had low failure rates was because they had literally nothing moving except a power and reset switch.

That said, I'm pretty interested to see what they'll do with a new console.

Even if they eradicated all hardware failures on the 360, people are still going to remember the RROD because it was such a big deal. But yeah, aside from just getting a dud, the RROD has been fixed mostly (yeah, yeah, you can't technically get it now, it's just a dot, but derp) but yeah, people are going to bring it up even if it's no longer relevant.

All consoles have their problems, too many moving parts and all that. I'm pretty sure the only reason some older consoles had low failure rates was because they had literally nothing moving except a power and reset switch.

That said, I'm pretty interested to see what they'll do with a new console.

The main thing that needs to happen is a switch over from the HDD drives to the Solid State. Commonly known in use as flash drives ,the solid state format allows for better resileince and strength due to the lack of said moving parts from a hard drive. The disk problem could easily be solved by a DRM encrypted USB or flash card or perhaps an game store where you purchase them online like STEAM. The only way to reconcile with the masses' dislike of risking losing everything is to either attach those games to their accounts (and previous ones via registration) where they can be infinitely downloaded like iTunes or provide a manual backup stored on the deice itself.

Thus, you would have no need for moving parts in the gaming system if disk drives and the HDD are nixed. But the former would piss many people with the older console games off , but I believe it would be a tradeoff if the above was done. And if Microsoft can be wise on their designing of said devices too.

Last edited:
Lurker
2012? Isn't that a dumb release date. By then the Wii U might smoke it to death if it does as it's going to do. They need to pull their **** together and revamp that system. They should expand or get rid of Kinect for a better motion control system ,infusing the Windows Phone 7 Interface for the Xbox.

Just because they might reveal the next Xbox console in E3 2012, doesn't mean that it will be released on that same year.

Until they fix the god damned red ring problem, I think I'm done with Microsoft consoles.

You think MS hasn't learned their lesson on the RROD & with the E74 debacle? If they haven't, they wouldn't have done everything in their power to make future 360's reliable.

Plus I doubt that they will make that same mistake again with their next gen console.

In Justice, We Trust!
You think MS hasn't learned their lesson on the RROD & with the E74 debacle? If they haven't, they wouldn't have done everything in their power to make future 360's reliable.

Plus I doubt that they will make that same mistake again with their next gen console.

Yes, but it should've been a problem Microsoft fixed when they initially released the 360 in the first place. I'm not gonna spend 200+ dollars on a console if the risk of my machine failing on me within a couple of months is high. So yeah, I'm not gonna get the new 360 until I hear word that it isn't gonna RROD on me.

Again, the problems for the new Xbox 360 aren't too bad when it comes to breaking down. Maybe the white chunky xbox 360 pro/arcade, but these new ones are pretty good. As long as you take good care of your consoles, it's fine. I'm a Sony person myself, but I'd pick an Xbox 360 over the PS3 any day.

In Justice, We Trust!
Again, the problems for the new Xbox 360 aren't too bad when it comes to breaking down. Maybe the white chunky xbox 360 pro/arcade, but these new ones are pretty good. As long as you take good care of your consoles, it's fine. I'm a Sony person myself, but I'd pick an Xbox 360 over the PS3 any day.

I guess...but I suppose I still feel a little burned over it happening the first time. :redface2:

I guess...but I suppose I still feel a little burned over it happening the first time. :redface2:

I felt the same way a little bit, but I bought a new one last week. But then again, my old one was pretty old. Bought it back in 07. The Slim is a lot better. So much quieter and has 2 fans to prevent overheating. I don't regret buying a new Xbox.