nybgog.jpg

Natal is now Microsoft Kinect. It'll be out November. There have been some games announced but it's mostly casual-style titles.

•Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.

•Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.

•Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.

•Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.

•Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, incorporates immersive, full-body dancing without the need for a controller.

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.

There's also been leaks of a new 360 model.
mass-effect-3-dragon-age-ii-dead-or-alive-5-saranno-annunciati-all-e3.jpg

250 GB hard drive, new motherboard, and built-in wifi finally.

Sony is set to announce two new PS3 Slim SKUs. 250 GB+Move and 500GB+Move. Wifi gets upgraded to 802.11n.

Last edited:
Banned
Well, it looks like the reason why G4 isn't carrying Microsoft's Press Conference on TV is because Spike paid them for the Exclusive rights to carry it live on their channel. G4tv.com will still have a live stream going on it.

So if you want to see it live on TV, you'll have to watch it on Spike, all the others will run on G4.

Nice post!!
I can't friggin' believe that Microsoft really decided that Cirque de Soleil stunt was a good idea. A lot of people are smelling disaster with Kinect, but I want to see the price before I decide. If it really ships at $189.99, there's no way we're going to see major consumer uptake on it. Even if it ships at $119.99, that feels like too much.

Banned
Some info from the 360 Conference.

-Microsoft sign's mutli-year DLC deal with Activision, Call of Duty DLC for the next 3 years will be timed-exclusives to the 360.

-First Footage of MGS: Rising shown. Raiden slices anything and any one at any time in any way. Even in mid air.

Banned
ESPN sign's Exclusive deal with Microsoft, bringing on-demand sports to the console. Free to Gold level members.

Last edited:
I can't friggin' believe that Microsoft really decided that Cirque de Soleil stunt was a good idea. A lot of people are smelling disaster with Kinect, but I want to see the price before I decide. If it really ships at $189.99, there's no way we're going to see major consumer uptake on it. Even if it ships at $119.99, that feels like too much.
Microsoft has a distinct inability to market consumer electronics. Also I doubt we will get any pricing for the Kinect or the Move, since the rumored prices could kill any traction they have. And is anyone else annoyed by Kinect, slightly misspelled words aren't cute to me.

Banned
What was your opinion of Rising, from the footage that was shown?

Raiden literally cut EVERYTHING his sword touched clean in half. People to stone pillars to cars to watermelons, all cleved in twain.

A kind of Laser disc thing helps you direct where you want your sword to cut, and you can knock guys up and in slow-mo hack them apart as you please. The footage really gave off a Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden feel.