Wait, G4 will be simulcasting on their site? AWESOME. I don't have satellite anymore so I haven't had their channel in a year. Hopefully the same thing happens with the SDCC.

Anyway, E3 snuck up on me again. Thought it was in July. (Never is though. >_<) Last year's announcements did not impress me (besides Metroid: Other M) and the two games I wanted most THIS year never got a mention at E3 at all. (Shattered Dimensions and War for Cybertron.)

Hopefully there'll be more to talk about this go around.

E3 has become more disappointing each year since even Nintendo is now having trouble keeping their big announcements under wraps.

Anyway I just hope that we get some more information on Epic Mickey, which is one of few games I have any interest in. And maybe if we are lucky we will get something on the Power Rangers games.

The only real reservation I have about Natal, is that it seems more of a 'living room' motion control as opposed to what the Wii and PS3 have which can be more easily used in more confined spaces like a bedroom, what with it's full body usage. I had a chance to play with move earlier this year and it felt infinitely more responsive than a WiiMote, will Natal feel the same? I guess I'll find out this week, but I'll still be concerned over it's usefulness in a confined space.

Banned
I already have a "Move" it's called the wii motion plus. There really is nothing new about Move. I'm not saying it's bad as I haven't used it yet, but it looks like a wiimote, videos show it playing like a wiimote, etc.

I already have a "Move" it's called the wii motion plus. There really is nothing new about Move. I'm not saying it's bad as I haven't used it yet, but it looks like a wiimote, videos show it playing like a wiimote, etc.

There is a world of difference when you see responsiveness, and Wii Motion Plus still can't seem to do what Nintendo said the original would do when it was first released.

Move is how the Wii SHOULD have been released, and it's going to put a serious hurt on the Wii's future install base if Nintendo doesn't get their head back in the game.

Banned
it's going to put a serious hurt on the Wii's future install base if Nintendo doesn't get their head back in the game.

I seriously doubt that. It might for the people that already have a PS3, but people arn't going to buy a ps3 for 299 and then what ever the move costs and a game for it even if it's not as SPOT on as the wii. The only way it would happen is if the Move had some killer game that everyone would just die for. And as the Move AND Natal are just the respective companies bids at the casual gamer market, I doubt they will have many to die for games coming out. Nintendo has Mario and Zelda to fall back on. What does sony and MS have?

Nice post!!
Move won't do anything to the Wii. Its install base is grandparents, people's moms, and couples with little kids. None of these groups will care that Sony has a slightly better controller out given how expensive a PS3 + Move is probably going to be. What Move may do is increase uptake in families with older children that want Blu-Ray players anyway.

I expect Natal to underperform. Despite attempts to change its image, Microsoft initially pimped the 360 as a system for core gamers, teens, and college dudes. It's a system for playing online and streaming Netflix to your room or apartment. Natal totally flies in the face of that and I just don't expect to see much uptake after its big debut (which will probably sell out).

Banned
Move won't do anything to the Wii. Its install base is grandparents, people's moms, and couples with little kids. None of these groups will care that Sony has a slightly better controller out given how expensive a PS3 + Move is probably going to be. What Move may do is increase uptake in families with older children that want Blu-Ray players anyway.

I expect Natal to underperform. Despite attempts to change its image, Microsoft initially pimped the 360 as a system for core gamers, teens, and college dudes. It's a system for playing online and streaming Netflix to your room or apartment. Natal totally flies in the face of that and I just don't expect to see much uptake after its big debut (which will probably sell out).

and nintendo fans that love mario, zelda, and classic nintendo games. I'm surprised you limited the wii install base to the groups you did. I'm not saying you are wrong, but you didn't include a few groups in your stuff above.

Umm did you just say the 360 is only for people that want to play online games and stream netflix? Did you just seriously say that? Didn't you say you are a writer for games or something? If you are, how could you even say what you did about the 360 with a straight face? Sure there are lots of people that play it for online gaming, but there are a lot that don't.

Banned
Well, Nintendo did say back in 2006 that the Wii would be a system for all gamers, Core to casual.

Then they go and pretty much Abandon core gamers, taking a "Pandering to Casual's prints us money but we can't just come out and say '**** you core's, get lost' since that would be bad PR, so here is a never-ending deluge of Flash game ports and other low grade shovleware so we can Make you leave out of disgust to fill our install base with people who are less vocal about what they want and mindlessly buy this crap" stance.

If anything, this has taugth me that Motion Controls and Core gamers never mix. It's like were Oil to there Water.