どうせ俺なんか...
Hey all! So a while back I got a DX Garren Rouzer and it was really cool. I even printed out barcodes for the missing cards onto plain paper so I could do the extra combos (Drop+Fire+Gemini and Bullet+Rapid+Fire) and stuff, and those worked perfectly too. In the meantime, I was scrounging Yahoo Auctions Japan for the actual cards, because I'm a completionist who wanted a full Garren deck for real. I did end up finding what I was looking for and the cards just showed up in the mail today.

rousecards.jpg

Well, I ran into a slight problem. The Evolution King, Rapid and Thief cards all scan in the Rouzer just fine. However, for some reason the Gemini and Rock cards do not. I've tried every trick I know to compare them to the cards that do work and I can't seem to figure out why as they don't seem any different. The spacing, darkness, pattern, etc. all match up. To make things more confusing, I can force them to work. By placing one of the non-working cards atop another card and creating a slight gap, the card will read. A picture says a thousand words, so here's a photo of what I mean.

geminisplit.jpg

Like that, it'll read. That's kinda odd since that makes it a lot larger than any other cards, but for whatever reason it works.

So, has anyone else run into this problem before with the Garren or any other Rouzers? Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm tempted to get another set of cards but am worried that for whatever reason the same thing will happen again. Or maybe something's off in my Rouzer? Anyway, hopefully I can get some input. :coolshades: Thanks!

HEROW
^ You mean it never scans? I encounter that kind of a problem in my Chalice Rouzer, but it just takes just another scan for it to finally work. Try forcing the card on the side of the Rouzer with the barcode reader in it, but not too much that you damage the card ok?

どうせ俺なんか...
^ You mean it never scans? I encounter that kind of a problem in my Chalice Rouzer, but it just takes just another scan for it to finally work. Try forcing the card on the side of the Rouzer with the barcode reader in it, but not too much that you damage the card ok?
Yeah, whenever you scan Rock or Gemini it goes "MISS!" instead. I did try forcing the barcode towards the reader side but it doesn't change things.

Also, it goes "MISS!" immediately, as if it's reading an incorrect barcode (for instance, if you attempt to put a non-Diamond card through) rather than saying it after a delay (for instance, if you put something through without a barcode).

Thanks, though!

HEROW
Yeah, whenever you scan Rock or Gemini it goes "MISS!" instead. I did try forcing the barcode towards the reader side but it doesn't change things.

Also, it goes "MISS!" immediately, as if it's reading an incorrect barcode (for instance, if you attempt to put a non-Diamond card through) rather than saying it after a delay (for instance, if you put something through without a barcode).

Thanks, though!

Hmmm... Try to double check on what the barcode pattern does the Gemini and Rock has around the net. Try to print them out in real-size and see if the size of the barcodes are just the same as yours. And if that is brand new from a store, try to have it retested or replaced.

I really wish I could be of help, but I don't have a Garren Rouzer, only Blade's and Chalice's. Goodluck bro.

どうせ俺なんか...
Hmmm... Try to double check on what the barcode pattern does the Gemini and Rock has around the net. Try to print them out in real-size and see if the size of the barcodes are just the same as yours. And if that is brand new from a store, try to have it retested or replaced.

I really wish I could be of help, but I don't have a Garren Rouzer, only Blade's and Chalice's. Goodluck bro.
Thanks. Yeah, I'd printed out the barcodes onto plain paper before. I found them here. When printed out they end up bigger than the cards themselves, but the cards that came with the Rouzer work just fine. The code patterns also match. (If they didn't, the cards wouldn't work with the trick I posted up above I'd think)

Sadly the cards were from an auction overseas, so that's why picking up another set is my only option when it comes to replacing them. I'm really leaning towards that, but being auctions it takes a while unless luck is on your side. :shakefist Thanks a bunch for the help though. I'm also kinda tempted to try taking the Rouzer apart and seeing if maybe the scanner is out of alignment or something.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
Have you tried resizing the scans so it could match the others?

Anyone know where I can get scans of the cards? I tried googling it but nothing useful came up except this thread.