I don't have low self esteem.
Sega "Genisis"
Only because it vaguely looks like Phil Collins after he got magically transformed into a black plastic box!! :p

Bandai "Wonder Swan"
A Swan who Wonders about?

"Neo Geo"
Just thought the name would be more suited to ine of these old educational junior laptop computers specially designed to teach Geography.

Nokia "N-Gage"
As dumb as the game console itself (stupid hand held with a built in mobile phone, crappy screen and you have to take it apart to insert games).

Any Console with a "Wild Animal" for it's name
"Jaguar", "Panther", "Lion", "Phoenix", "Dolphin", blah blah blah.. If it's meant to make the console look swift and powerful and all that gubbins, then what if it might not last long? What if a more powerful console by a rival company gets released, with a sissy name (EG: "Hamster 512bit"), and ends up outselling the "Jaguar 32bit" (or whatever it's called)?

Atari "Lynx"
Are we meant to spray our armpits with it aswell? o_0

Microsoft "X Box"
A Box with an "X" on it. Doesn't sound very exciting. Plus the Prototype version was a box "shaped" like an X, which isn't very exciting either. Also X Box 360 didn't have anything "X" related on it.

Nintendo "Wii"
Need I say more?

Any other suggestions, feel free to add!!

This thread just seems to be a crack a joke about any gaming system name thread. All gaming systems have obscure and unusual names to stand out. I could even crack a joke saying that Sony's "Playstation" is a dumb rip off of Bandai's "Playdia". Which now that I think about it is hilariously true. Since Playdia wasn't much of a gameplay system, all you did was make choices to play certain video clips of the game's story.

Tho I hear it's fake... the Gizmondo has always sounded embarassing and retarded to me.

I think the Wii takes the cake. Neo Geo sounds funny on the tounge too. I don't see much wrong with the others though, unless you go into the more obscure systems. :laugh: