Video Games Dragon Quest VIII Now on iOS and Android

Lawrence Chan submitted a new blog post:

Dragon Quest VIII Now on iOS and Android

To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Square Enix's popular Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, they've decided to release ports of the PS2 classic onto both iOS and Android platforms. The popular PS2 JRPG sold over 3 million copies during its initial release and received praise from nearly every single rating outlet available at the time.

“Following its PlayStation®2 system launch in 2004, DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King saw immense success and became...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

lindbergh

Whoa! Really? That great! I had this game on the PS2. I loved playing it but I never finished it. I loved Dragon Quest 8 because it had superb cel-shaded graphics, a light--hearted story, and a solid turn-based combat system. Though it costs 20 bucks, I think it's worth it given the quality of the game, its scope, and its brilliance.

Demon_skeith

I can't believe they fit this huge game on a mobile platform, but it's an awesome game though. I highly recommend it and anyone who enjoyed the white witch on PS3 will love this game just as much.

Leeroy_MY

Great. Now I'll NEVER get to put my phone down. Hahaha

I hope they'll start releasing the old Final Fantasy series onto the Android platform too! :D

Edit: Wait, they already have. OMG. I didn't know that! Hahahaha it's like having 10 Christmas at once. I've never really search for games on my android before. Now I have a lot of downloading to do.

Last edited:

lindbergh

I can't believe they fit this huge game on a mobile platform, but it's an awesome game though. I highly recommend it and anyone who enjoyed the white witch on PS3 will love this game just as much.
Technically, it's still a huge game. The file size of the game is more than 1GB. If you have a slow internet connection, it would be a pain to download.
Great. Now I'll NEVER get to put my phone down. Hahaha

I hope they'll start releasing the old Final Fantasy series onto the Android platform too! :D

Edit: Wait, they already have. OMG. I didn't know that! Hahahaha it's like having 10 Christmas at once. I've never really search for games on my android before. Now I have a lot of downloading to do.
Yeah, it would definitely be lot harder to put down my phone once I grab hold of Dragon Quest VIII. The game simply offers hours and hours of gameplay.

Demon_skeith

I figured the game would be 2 or 3 GB, I know just to download about 1 GB of data takes several hours on my internet connection. Digital games are nice but ISP don't support that kind of buying/downloading yet.