dragonquest.jpg

Just found word that Dragon Quest is finally getting a DVD release in Japan!

What are the chances of fansubbers swooping in to scoop this up and get it subtitled?

There a place where I can go and suggest this so that the fan community might be able to pitch in and purchase a copy for a reputable fansubber to get this show into circulation?

I've already Asked a FUNimation Rep, but I'd like to see this show sooner than later.

I'm seeing Shining Fansubs subbed a Dragon Quest anime... there a way to contact them to see if they'd hit this one up?

Does TV Nihon take requests? :anime:

It's Judgement Time!
Sweet!! Its goku and chichi!! O_O lol.

TV Nihon takes requests if you pay them, I think. lol

Anywho, screw funimation =_= maybe ADV will pick i tup. (I hate funimation, they destroyed my dreams!)

FUNimation's done pretty extrodinary work ever since DBZ as far as I've seen. That was the last anime they jacked. After that, shows like YYH and Detective Conan have been nothing short of superb so they get my seal of approval. :thumbs:

It's Judgement Time!
FUNimation's done pretty extrodinary work ever since DBZ as far as I've seen. That was the last anime they jacked.

=_= THEY JACKED TENCHI MUYO AND THEY WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN!!!! *runs away crying*

You can't even begin to compare those. YYH and Det. Conan....or DBZ and TM. If they had to botch up a couple anime....I'm glad it was the latter two. :laugh:

Anyway, was this show even all that good? Well, doesn't matter. A group called FightingMagic subbed the first two episodes of this 43 episode series, and that's it so far. Maybe after the boxset comes out some group will do it. But we'll all have to wait to find that out.

I loved it back in the day and watched it like it was visual crack. Blue Slimes, magic swords and an awesome training montoge. ^__^

It was glorious and they gotta keep it going so we can see the rest.

If anyone picked it up, I'd want it to be the guys that did YYH.

Sweet!! Its goku and chichi!! O_O lol.

TV Nihon takes requests if you pay them, I think. lol

Anywho, screw funimation =_= maybe ADV will pick i tup. (I hate funimation, they destroyed my dreams!)

ADV is one of the worst companies in the industry that have actually turned quite a blind eye to fans many a time. They've been known for shoddy translations, subpar work, even laying off half of their company.

I don't know what gripes you might have with FUNimation but if there are any issues or questions you have about any sub script translations done by Mr. Steve Simmons then please direct them to me and I will relay them to him.

Also ADV usually never picks up titles longer than 26 eps or so. Except for a couple of titles.

Keith: Which Funi rep responses to that thread? Lance Haskel? Lance usually does FUNi panels at conventions and often answers questions on AnimeonDVD.com's forums.