[Anime] Dragon Ball is finally back FOR REAL THIS TIME.......new anime confirmed

What's this "finally" and "for real" stuff? The last couple of years did that! :buttrock:

Though yeah, this is amazing news.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
What's this "finally" and "for real" stuff? The last couple of years did that! :buttrock:

Though yeah, this is amazing news.

The last couple of years was nice little "gifts" in terms of the two movies and Kai and the new XV game.

But this is an actual anime series picking up where the show left of (while continuing to ignore GT lol)

They say a few years after Majin Buu, so I'm hoping they don't completely ignore the movies with it. That'd be a real turnoff for me, to be honest.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
They say a few years after Majin Buu, so I'm hoping they don't completely ignore the movies with it. That'd be a real turnoff for me, to be honest.

I think those last 2 movies are canon, in other words.........."Super" Dragon Ball occurs after the Revival of Frieza movie. So you won't be disappointed

And oh yeah, Toei finally released the press released statement about the new Dragon Ball anime WHICH states exactly what I just in my last sentence. I've updated the first post of this thread with a link to the actual Press Release statement

Dunno about the OP but any mention of a new DB anime tends to invoke memories of Dragon Ball AF to me.

Too bad they didn't actually call it that.... would be such a mind screw.

NonStereoBlack
Color me esceptic. Toriyama supervising is not as "Toriyama returned for the manga".

As long as this new show cancels out GT from the canon and gives us a much better finale for our characters, I'll be happy.

And you know what? I'm laughing my butt off because of this. I remember once, someone from FUNIMATION at a Convention saying that dubbing Dragon Ball is like being in a fight scene in Dragon Ball. You think you've won at first and you're finally done, but then the smoke and debris clears, and you've only just begun. When it was just the occasional movie or game here and there, I giggled because that statement was validated. When I see entire series come up, I laugh all over the place. I'm not sure whether to feel good for the voice actors or feel bad for them. Either way you cut it, they'll be playing those roles probably for the rest of their lives. :laugh:

They said after Majin Buu. They didn't say how much time has happen after Buu yet. Given how it airs right after the final episode of Kai then I can see it taken place right after Goku leaves with Uub.

Last edited:
SLICE
As long as this new show cancels out GT from the canon and gives us a much better finale for our characters, I'll be happy.

And you know what? I'm laughing my butt off because of this. I remember once, someone from FUNIMATION at a Convention saying that dubbing Dragon Ball is like being in a fight scene in Dragon Ball. You think you've won at first and you're finally done, but then the smoke and debris clears, and you've only just begun. When it was just the occasional movie or game here and there, I giggled because that statement was validated. When I see entire series come up, I laugh all over the place. I'm not sure whether to feel good for the voice actors or feel bad for them. Either way you cut it, they'll be playing those roles probably for the rest of their lives. :laugh:

The movies have pretty utterly crushed the **** out of GT. So this new series should only further eradicate it.

Especially if its in canon with the God movies.