Don't know if this is the appropriate place? Moderator approval for posting?

I tried to post something in the Commerce forum and it said my post had to be moderated? It was just an image of what I was selling from imgur, which I thought would be beneficial? I know I don't have a lot of posts here, but I am legit, definitely a human!

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Firstly, welcome to HJU. Secondly, yes this is the appropriate place to make this type of inquiry.

The post moderation thing is a security step that the staff here have implemented in an effort to help lessen the potential disruption that can be caused by spambots. Specifically, since spambots just come onto forums and make a few posts with a bunch of links, we've set it so that if any new account with less than a certain number of posts comes and starts posting links, it will get flagged and tagged so that one of us staff members can go and verify that it is, in fact, a legit person and not a spambot.

Obviously this means that we often get lots of new threads getting flagged by new members/members with low post counts who created a thread because they want to sell some shwag (like you did). In the grand scheme of things, it's usually just a minor/temporary inconvenience, one that we feel is worth it since it's meant to stop spambots. At any rate, just so you know, the best thing you can do is build up your post count by joining the conversations in some of the other threads in some of the other subforums that we have here. Until you reach the minimum post count that we've set (don't worry, it's not that much), any posts that you make that have any links may still get flagged and tagged so that one of us would have to approve it (if you make a post without links, it won't get flagged). If that happens, don't worry, now that we know that you're a legit person, when one of us staff people sees it, we'll take care of it.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Like I said before, it's just because you're making a post which contains links, but your post count is still being flagged by forum security because it's not high enough yet. I've re-approved your post for now, but remember that the best way to fix this yourself and prevent it from happening again is for you to keep posting elsewhere on the forum to build up your post count. Once you've gotten past that magic number of posts, whatever it may be, then you should not have any more posts being flagged by our forum security.