It's Judgement Time!
People both amaze and sicken me with what they find fault in. I read a discussion at a board where the question was whether or not you're ashamed of gaming in public.

One person said he's not ashamed to play his DS in public, so long as there are no females around.

Another says he's embarrassed about playing his DS in public, yet not so much his PSP since it looks kind of like an iPhone or an iPod.

these people are usually the introverted types or the strong, athletic outgoing types that are modest about liking such things.

I mean there is nothing to be ashamed of when playing games. I bring my PSP out everywhere. I got the Decade skin up on there, got my Kamen Rider videos on there and bust them out whenever!

優しさの大人少女
uh thats not true. even i gonna played PSP in public at mall. especially doing to achieve to finish IDOLST@R game. last time i saw some kids playing Nintendo DS at mall without getting embarassed in public. :sweat:

these people are usually the introverted types or the strong, athletic outgoing types that are modest about liking such things.

See, there's this one guy who's in the mindset that guys who are seen playing video games in public is a turn-off to females. This is something he said:

It's the sad truth: girls fear gamers. I heard about some dating show with 1 guy and 30 girls. When he told he played World of Warcraft, like 20 of them immediately lost their interest.

Then, he also said this:

Maybe it's that I'm not really content with my hobby myself. I feel like a huge nerd for having put 45 hour into Pokémon Sapphire in just 2.5 weeks. I'm ashamed of having played 72 days of World of Warcraft.

I wouldn't want a girlfriend who played as much games as I did a few years back. And I've always said that I don't want a girl who plays WoW. I need somebody to compensate for my hobby, someone to make me realize I don't need games all that much.

As for me, it's quite hard for me to feel like I'll drive women away as a gamer, when there are groups like the PMS Clan (PMS = Pandora's Mighty Soldiers). They're a gaming group that consists COMPLETELY of FEMALES who take part in numerous video game competitions and tournaments. As a matter of fact, they're trying to get the message across that video games aren't just a guy thing, and that there really are such things as female gamers. and that it's okay to be a gamer even if you've got breasts and lack a penis. I first found out about them when I went to an electronics expo in New York City in the fall of 2005. Also, in case anyone is wondering, a lot of them were more than reasonable to look at. So guys have got no excuse to fear that they'll scare a girl away by showing that he's a gamer. Also like I said, if she has a problem with it, forget her.

Now I won't deny that I've known girls who aren't crazy about video games, but they don't necessarily look down on me for being a gamer either.

If anyone wants to find out more about the PMS Clan, you can visit their site at www.pmsclan.com. (The site is down as I'm posting, but hopefully it'll be working again later.) They've even got an entry on wikipedia, so look them up there too.

I remember going to a GameStop one day. I'm quite sure there are guys working there, but the morning I went in, there were only females working the shift. One of them was even a LESBIAN.

As for Worlds of Warcraft, I don't play that game myself, but I do know one girl who's big on that game. As a matter of fact, one girl met a guy through WOW and now they're married.

The new breed.
I'm not ashamed at all for three reasons:

1. Whoever doesn't like it, can take a hike.

2. Its one of their damn business.

3. I never gave a crap about what people think.

Since I'm apart of the Pokemon generation, gaming at my high school is talked about alot along with pop culture . I have two friends that grew up with playing a common game, Pokemon Gold and another group that plays Halo. Then , we discuss about films, comics, gadgets, etc. All in all, gaming is accepted at my school .

Also part of the Pokemon generation here. Didn't really see much action during the G1 and G2 days since I went to a Private School at that time and they banned things like Gameboys. There was plenty of Pokemon back at Highschool, especially during the final year when D&P came out, but it was more at a casual level. The past couple semesters at my Uni in the SU I've seen plenty of Pokemon action but its all competitive level play, EV's and everything.

I remember going to a GameStop one day. I'm quite sure there are guys working there, but the morning I went in, there were only females working the shift. One of them was even a LESBIAN.

Don't even get me started on GameStop, and odds are just because they are working at a GameStop doesn't mean they play a lot of videogames. Also so what if shes a lesbian? How is that significant? Lesbian gamers aren't as uncommon as you'd think. Actually there was a little survey and study we took over down in the cosplay communities a long while back. Most lesbian gamers between the ages of 16 and 23 prefer Kingdom Hearts and similar games. Which lead to a long running joke that if theres a KH Crossplayer then shes a lesbian (actually I've yet to see a KH crossplayer that wasn't a lesbian).

Also so what if shes a lesbian? How is that significant? Lesbian gamers aren't as uncommon as you'd think. Actually there was a little survey and study we took over down in the cosplay communities a long while back. Most lesbian gamers between the ages of 16 and 23 prefer Kingdom Hearts and similar games. Which lead to a long running joke that if theres a KH Crossplayer then shes a lesbian (actually I've yet to see a KH crossplayer that wasn't a lesbian).

I guess I was just trying to manifest the broad diversity of the female gamer demographic. Maybe I shouldn't have made a big deal about that though (at least not here), and hopefully it won't cause any controversy thus completely derailing the topic.

me, my d20 t-shirt and my Order of the Stick T-shirt farts in your general direction. Yeah, I'm a 20 some year old guy that plays games. What of it? It's what I enjoy, and it hasn't prevented me from being a well adjusted, socially capable, good self-esteemed and ultimately productive individual with his own achievements. If somebody is gonna give me grief over my own past time, they can answer to my flatulance instead. (And I had mexican for lunch so this isn't an idle threat)

I get bagged all the time for gaming outside, I don't really care what they think of me, It's something I like to do outside aswell, It's not like

'Oh ****, he's such a loser playing video games and not picking up girls' gimme a break you stupid jerks -_- and honestly that's how people are here..

But meh what are you gonna do? there's everywhere, we can't stop it T_T

Even when people are in Arcades we get the few group of retards coming in just to cause trouble for people playing games there, It's really annoying..

and i saw something about girls crossplaying guys for anime conventions and being lesbians or something?..are you serious? there are plenty of girls who crossplay guy chara's at anime convent's :S...most of the girls that i know that crossplay guys's have boyfriends o_O.......lol

I guess I was just trying to manifest the broad diversity of the female gamer demographic. Maybe I shouldn't have made a big deal about that though (at least not here), and hopefully it won't cause any controversy thus completely derailing the topic.

Well when you put the emphasis on lesbian I got the wrong idea from your post. Don't worry it probably wont derail the topic.

But meh what are you gonna do? there's everywhere, we can't stop it T_T

and i saw something about girls crossplaying guys for anime conventions and being lesbians or something?..are you serious? there are plenty of girls who crossplay guy chara's at anime convent's :S...most of the girls that i know that crossplay guys's have boyfriends o_O.......lol

I've never experienced any of the bagging you have, its not so much that its everywhere, its just that some douchebags prefer some places over others.

You misread my post, the joke is that when its a girl crossplaying a male character from KH (Kingdom Hearts) shes most likely a lesbian. Lemme show you the chart, every so often there's always a "The Hot ____ of cosplay" chart. When the lesbian one appeared well someone made a quick adjustment and we all had a nice laugh at the realization.

[HIDE]
1533fo2.jpg
[/HIDE]