People both amaze and sicken me with what they find fault in. I read a discussion at a board where the question was whether or not you're ashamed of gaming in public.

One person said he's not ashamed to play his DS in public, so long as there are no females around.

Another says he's embarrassed about playing his DS in public, yet not so much his PSP since it looks kind of like an iPhone or an iPod.

Actually, maybe the question there wasn't whether or not you're ashamed to play games in public, but if you're ashamed to play a DS in public. Me, I've played my DS (and Game Boy) all sorts of places. On planes, buses, trains, airports, and even in supreme courts when I was waiting to be chosen as a possible juror. I've never felt embarrassed about playing it in pubic. What's to be ashamed of? I mean seriously. What's next? Also, if a female thinks lowly of a guy (or anyone else) for playing a handheld system in public, then she's just plain stupid, and isn't worth your precious time any damn way.

Mezameru, sono tamashii
I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, I see no fault in Playing my DS in Public. I mean I could understand if you were ashamed of the certain game you would be playing and what not, but then again that would be a rare few for me.
Then again I'm a member of my University's Campus Nerd's club and its constant gaming, and none of us really have a shame in it.

I guess more people don't feel "ashamed" Playing a PSP because people are still the mentality that Nintendo stuff is kiddy and that the PSP is more for the Older people out there, what ever happened to just Playing Games regardless?

We have a game room and a TV lounge (which usually ends up being the Brawl room) here at my Student Union, we play our games in public normally without really feeling any different. I mean why would you feel any shame? Hell we play Yugioh and MTG in public and no one gives a damn (its kind of weird though, all the Yugioh players are upstairs in the TV lounge and all the MTG players are downstairs in the game lounge, and all of the MTG players happen to be asian or part asian and all play Starcraft).

Banned
I love playing my DS where ever I go. I recently started taking the bus again, and I would be lost with out my ds.

Chief HJU News Editor
Not restricted to games, but...

Every week new comics come out I go sit in the bar I used to work at and read through them. I've managed to get a few of them into different titles, even got the boss in my office into Hellblazer: John Constantine. Then again everyone knows I do a computer game programming course(although for ages everyone kept thinking it was sports science, irony huh?) and I'm the first person everyone I know comes to about geek stuff or computers.

Not ashamend at all to play my ds in public or read graphic novels, comics or manga. who cares what other people think or say. They do what they like and I'll do what I like.

:castlerock::castlerock::castlerock:

Another says he's embarrassed about playing his DS in public, yet not so much his PSP since it looks kind of like an iPhone or an iPod.

I want to know where that guy got a PSP that looked even remotely like an iPhone/iPod.

That said. It's hard to really think f anyone being embarrassed about playing games in public any more. It's not like back in the mid 90s where gamers were niche group that no one understood. It's A LOT more socially acceptable now than it was. That said, if it wasn't already made clear. I have no issues playing games out in public. I do it every day at work, and my portables always follow me to parties to fill in some dull moments.

In Justice, We Trust!
I want to know where that guy got a PSP that looked even remotely like an iPhone/iPod.

That said. It's hard to really think f anyone being embarrassed about playing games in public any more. It's not like back in the mid 90s where gamers were niche group that no one understood. It's A LOT more socially acceptable now than it was. That said, if it wasn't already made clear. I have no issues playing games out in public. I do it every day at work, and my portables always follow me to parties to fill in some dull moments.

So I guess that means I can play my DS in public without someone going "ZOMG! He's playing Pokeman!" I got that alot in high school:sweat:

In all seriousness though, I don't feel ashamed or embarrassed and never have.

So I guess that means I can play my DS in public without someone going "ZOMG! He's playing Pokeman!" I got that alot in high school:sweat:

I guess it comes down to the mentality of those around you. I never got any flack at work for it, nor at school.... and I WAS playing pokemon at the time. Even if I had I doubt I would have let it bother me. People are entitled to their own opinions, and as long as that opinion doesn't involve beating me over the head with sticks I can accept them for it, even if they can't accept mine.

In the end, my belief is this. If you can't be a {gamer/flower arranger/horrible karaoke'er/etc} and be proud of it, then they may as well go out there and and do something else instead. Because there's obviously something in there that you don't like about it, and you're not oing to get as much enjoyment from it as you would something else..