Super Hero
Personally after seeing the trailer for the spin-off class and at the end the 12th doctor saying I used to be the caretaker here I hope it doesn't gain more interest than the new Doctor Who season with hopes of Peter Capaldi cameos I think that was a one-time thing to really cement the interest of the viewers Imo not really a big thing David Tennant showed up in Torchwood a lot
Slowpoking reply but Class definitely hasn't set the world afire, it's digital airing is struggling, we'll see if that changes for its terrestrial broadcast.

Also was your Torchwood thing a typo? No Doctor (other than Peter Capaldi not as the Doctor) has ever been in Torchwood. RTD didn't want to put the Doctor in something he felt children shouldn't watch. Tennant and Smith each got 1 appearance in SJA but that's as far as the Doctor in RTD era spin-offs went.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Class is looking really really good so far.
No, it's not "Children of Earth", but it's probably the second best thing in Whoverse after that.

Super Hero
Class is looking really really good so far.
No, it's not "Children of Earth", but it's probably the second best thing in Whoverse after that.

Slowpokng once again to chime in and agree with Skyknight. Class is up there with Torchwood certainly, but it's up there with s1 and Miracle Day for being one of the worst contributions to Who. (Okay it's not Miracle Day bad, but still).

Though it didn't have "record low" viewing figures on iPlayer, it just couldn't get into the top 10. Which considering it's iPlayer original programming and everything in the top 10 was mostly second hand catch up views for stuff that already aired on TV that's about as devastating as if it had been record low. It's also dying an impressive death in its current TV airing for both viewing figures for its timeslot and AI figures.

Sadness all around as Peter Capaldi confirms that he's leaving at the end of this year. The 2017 Christmas episode will be his last (and Moffat's too).

Apparently there will be mostly single episode stories this year in order to give Bill as many different adventures as possible with 12 before he goes.

The actor who played Ram in Class has confirmed that he will be in one episode of series 10.

Super Hero
Source on the Bill thing? I know Capaldi said in his BBC radio interview that the series is mostly stand alone but there is an arc story that becomes apparent as you pull into the end.

The Ram thing afaik still isn't outright confirmed? It's just assumed because he listed Doctor Who on his CV, but he did it back before Class ever aired and it's still unknown if he actually means the parent show or his agent just advised him "Doctor Who" would sound better than "Class".

In regards to Capaldi's exit 3 series in 4 years is fast becoming the done thing for Doctors these days it seems.

Gonna miss both Capaldi and Moffat but I am glad at least that Moffat gets to write Capaldi's exit and while I don't want him to go, a clean break for a new showrunner and Chibnall to reinvent the show the same way Moffat did back at Series 5 is definitely appealing. I'm really hoping s10 is as great as what s9 was or close to but we'll see. Tennant and Smith only got 1 incredible series each so Capaldi would have to be breaking the mold to get another, but I'll live in hope.

Not sure what to expect from Chibnall going forward, his best Doctor Who work has been only good, his worst has been pretty poor and most of it has been no better than just decent. We shall see though, he'll have more opportunity to create his own vision with the show than his past episodes, and he managed to make s2 of Torchwood amazing (even his episodes) after an abysmal s1 which included him writing one of the worst episodes of anything ever contributed to the Who universe.
Hopefully he'll cast Bertie Carvel as the next Doctor Who and that'll have me fully on board.

Super Hero
Mark Gatiss episode confirmed to have the Ice Warriors returning in their second appearance in the new series.
[video=youtube;fwJRrZmGawU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwJRrZmGawU[/video]

It's also being reported by RadioTimes that Chibnall's s11 will begin filming early 2018 and will be airing Autumn that year. Also as a surprise to no one it's been confirmed that Chibnall will be the one leading the team casting the new Doctor who's almost certainly going to debut at the end of the 2017 Christmas special.

[video=youtube;8zOJJA8gMXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zOJJA8gMXQ[/video]​

Super Hero
Came here to share the Master returning vid, to find it already had been. Not a surprise but definitely great news regardless.

I do love that since Moffat brought the Master back she's been able to just pop up in stories like she used to in the classic show rather than have to be saved for the big stories and go years without appearing like in RTD's era. Also helps that Michelle Gomez is the best Master since Delgado. =P

I'd really like for Missy to be a big part of Capaldi's regeneration (and I think she will be) given how big a part she's been of his Doctor's era.