Harumph.
Shame, I don't have BBCA. My cable provider inexplicably removed it from our channel lineup. :/

Mad Skillz
It's no great loss. Last I saw the channel it was mostly Top Gear, Doctor Who, and Gordon Ramsay reruns. Not the greatest of channel lineups.

The new Tendou Souji
By that last one, do you mean Kitchen Nightmare? Because I saw an episode of that (living room TV has BBC America) fairly recently and, it seemed like a damn good show.

Harumph.
Yeah, the channel is pretty awful. I do like Top Gear, Doctor Who, and Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares but if that's all they're ever going to show then I don't feel the need to waste more money on cable.

BUT...They are showing Classic Who this year, which breaks their trend of pretending it never existed.

S

scikaiju

There's a few more show than that, they got the Hour, Ripper Street, Luther, Whitechapel, Law & Order UK, Copper and a few others. Granted they don't show them that often but there's more than those three. Although I will admit they could probably cut down on the Top Gear because that's what seems to be playing just about every time I check the channel guide.

BBCA is a pretty rubbish channel. I wish I would catch Top Gear on more often. All I ever seem to see are Kitchen Nightmares though and I don't like that show...a little more L&O UK would be welcome as well.

There have got to be more British TV shows than what they air. Hardly ever see reruns of miniseries like Luther or Sherlock and absolutely NEVER see anything older like Classic Who or Red Dwarf or Fawlty Towers.

S

scikaiju

1 down, ten more to go. I will admit I was a little surprised they got David Tennent for the interview portion talking about the first Doctor. And I did like they had Moffet explain that the Aztecs was done in the no longer used "Pure historical" method. As for the Aztecs story itself, well if you only seen Nu-Who it would have been a bit of a shock. But it was a good story. Now I wonder what they're going to show next month when it's the 2nd Doctor's turn.

Well we can make a pretty good guess that it won't be War Games. And they wouldn't show a reconstruction, nor one of the too-recently released DVDs and risk cannibalizing the market for those. So there's a small pool to choose from.

As far as pure-historicals go, I preferred Reign of Terror to Aztecs. But that style of serial hasn't been in vogue since...hmm, the 3rd Doctor? Even calling it "no longer used" is a being a bit late to the party. It makes it sound like there were more of them than there are.

The new Tendou Souji
1 down, ten more to go. I will admit I was a little surprised they got David Tennent for the interview portion talking about the first Doctor. And I did like they had Moffet explain that the Aztecs was done in the no longer used "Pure historical" method. As for the Aztecs story itself, well if you only seen Nu-Who it would have been a bit of a shock. But it was a good story. Now I wonder what they're going to show next month when it's the 2nd Doctor's turn.

IAWTQ!
He got down everything I would say on the First Doctor Retrospective.