I have not yet seen that animated reconstruction, but I recall being very excited about it upon release.

Until I see it I can't be sure, but could it have just simply been that the quality of animation was poor? I mean, was it Scream of the Shalka quality? Scream of the Shalka was fucking brilliant, don't get me wrong, but it didn't have anything live-action to be immediately compared to.

It was discussed and speculated a few months ago by Stcoop

From the new DWM.

Series 7b doesn't start until April.

(So both halves manage to miss screening on those "dark winter nights" that Moffat claimed the delay was to allow the series to move to. And his "more Who than ever" actually turned out to be "one series in two years".)

The Anniversary Special (singular) doesn't shoot until (again) April.

(Anyone who was still holding out for any of Series 8 next year should really give up now.)

Now we have this schedule from the UK Toy Fair:

5RnUMpC.jpg

As expected we get:

-One special
-One tv movie documenting the start of the series in 1963 written by Mark Gatiss

S

scikaiju

I have not yet seen that animated reconstruction, but I recall being very excited about it upon release.

Until I see it I can't be sure, but could it have just simply been that the quality of animation was poor? I mean, was it Scream of the Shalka quality? Scream of the Shalka was fucking brilliant, don't get me wrong, but it didn't have anything live-action to be immediately compared to.

I haven't reall seen it myself, out side of a part of episode 1. But I did fine a trailer that highlights the animated reconstruction [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEgOyHQ21UI"]Doctor Who - The Invasion - Animated Reconstruction Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Fangtaku
I just watched The Invasion, I thought the animation was fine.

Also, next episode airs March 30th.

Harumph.
And it is a shame, and I'm just assuming this mind you, the 2nd doctor serial The Invasion didn't sell better, since they tried to animate the two missing episodes using the audio recordings and production stills that survived to get the animation right. I'm just assuming it didn't sell well because if it did they might have done it again with other incomplete serials, like say the Tenth Planet, the last 1st Doctor adventure that's only missing the last part. Well except for the regeneration scene.

I thought I should point out that the two missing episodes of "The Reign of Terror" have been animated and they're due out on DVD in a few weeks.

The Reign of Terror was a damned good serial. Probably my 2nd favorite from the 1st Doctor's tenure. (The first being 'The Chase')

If anyone here hasn't seen it, Glamador recommends it highly.

Harumph.
As far as the historical serials go, The Reign of Terror is probably my favorite along with The Aztecs. I'm really glad they chose it to be animated.