:eyebrow:I thought they filmed series 4 and 5 back-to-back? It should've been in post production by now.

I guess SJA is now axed. The only way to continue it now I suppose is to bring Jo Grant in as the new lead.

RIP Lis
icon9.gif

They did. Series 4 are done and aired. Series 5 - 2 story and the finale are in the can. Reminder of Series 5 is unknown but now it will be cancelled due to this.

We will see how they will handle this. I hope that there will be another spin-off of another companion.

Ao no Exorcist
I haven't seen alot of the SJA but I liked what I saw. I just watched some episodes of the old Doctor Who where she was his companion.

A few more tributes and reflections on Elisabeth Sladen have appeared from various Who Alumni, including Steven Moffat, Russell T. Davies, Tom Baker, David Tennant, Colin Baker and Matt Smith:
Tom Baker
Sarah Jane dead? No, impossible! Impossible. Only last week I agreed to do six new audio adventures with her for Big Finish Productions. She can't be dead. But she is: she died yesterday morning. Cancer. I had no idea she was ill; she was so private, never wanted any fuss, and now, gone. A terrible blow to her friends and a shattering blow for all those fans of the programme whose lives were touched every Saturday evening by her lovely heroic character, Sarah-Jane Smith. ... Those sweet memories of happy days with Lis Sladen, the lovely, witty, kind and so talented Lis Sladen. I am consoled by the memories. I was there, I knew her, she was good to me and I shall always be grateful, and I shall miss her.
(Full Tribute can be found on his Official Website here)

David Tennant
I just can't believe that Lis is gone. She seemed invincible. The same woman who enchanted my childhood, enchanted my time on Doctor Who and enchanted generations who have watched her and fallen in love with her – just like I did. I feel very honoured to have shared a TARDIS with Sarah Jane Smith, and I feel very lucky to have shared some time with Lis Sladen. She was extraordinary.

Matt Smith
What struck me about Lis was her grace. She welcomed me, educated me, and delighted me with her tales and adventures on Doctor Who. And she also seemed to have a quality of youth that not many people retain as they go through life. Her grace and kindness will stay with me because she had such qualities in abundance and shared them freely. I will miss her, as will the world of Doctor Who and all the Doctors that had the good pleasure to work with Lis Sladen and travel the universe with Sarah Jane.

Colin Baker (on Twitter)
Very sad to hear of the death of Lis Sladen. Great sympathy for her husband and daughter. She was far too young to be lost to them.
Russell T Davies who brought the character of Sarah Jane back to Doctor Who and who later created The Sarah Jane Adventures said: "I absolutely loved Lis. She was funny and cheeky and clever and just simply wonderful. The universe was lucky to have Sarah Jane Smith; the world was lucky to have Lis."

Steven Moffat, Doctor Who's current Lead Writer and Executive Producer said:"Sarah Jane Smith was everybody's hero when I was younger, and as brave and funny and brilliant as people only ever are in stories. But many years later, when I met the real Sarah-Jane - Lis Sladen herself - she was exactly as any child ever have wanted her to be. Kind and gentle and clever; and a ferociously talented actress, of course, but in that perfectly English unassuming way."

John Barrowman, who worked with Sladen on Doctor Who, posted on twitter:"I loved my time on the Tardis with her. I am proud to have worked with such an icon of the sci fi world, your Dr Who family are very sad and will miss you and your beautiful smile."

Keith Jones, Director, BBC Cymru Wales which make The Sarah Jane Adventures, said:"A brilliant presence on screen and on set, she brought the excitement and energy of the Doctor Who family of programmes, of which we are very proud at BBC Wales, to a whole new generation. She will be missed by all at BBC Wales who worked with her."

Damian Kavanagh The Controller of CBBC said :"Lis brought joy, excitement and a sense of wonder to her many fans in her role as Sarah Jane Smith. She was adored by our young audience and I know all of them will miss her as much as I will."

Roger Carey, who represented Lis for many years, said:"She was not just a client, but a dear friend. She was so positive about life and her natural energy was intoxicating. She couldn't believe her luck when her career was resurrected in her own series."

Mary Tamm, who played Romana in the classic series, said: "Sad, sad day. Just heard the news of Elisabeth Sladen's death. I can honestly say she was one of the loveliest women I ever met - beautiful, talented, charming and clever. I was over the moon for her when her career in who was resurrected with the Sarah Jane Adventures; she was brilliant in it. how we will all miss her. Goodbye Liz, you were loved more than you knew, dear friend."

More reflections (including Murray Gold, Noel Clarke, Mark Gatiss, Stephen Fry, Nicola Bryant, and more) can be found here.

A brief tribute program titled "My Sarah Jane: A Tribute to Elisabeth Sladen" will air at 6:45 PM on CBBC on Saturday, directly after Doctor Who finishes on BBC1 and before Doctor Who Confidential on BBC3 at 7:00pm. In addition, there will be a a dedication to the actress at the start of "The Impossible Astronaut".

In lighter news, a "podcast"/recording of the Q & A in New York after the screening of "The Impossible Astronaut" and "Day of the Moon" is up on Nerdist.com featuring Matt Hardwick as the Moderator, Steven Moffat, Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, Alex Kingston, Toby Haynes (director), Piers Wenger (EP), and Beth Willis (EP). It can be found here.

Karen Gillan will appear on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight, so be sure to check that as well.

Last edited:
its one day away I am not going to look lol :)I been watching dr who on and off the last two days space has been doing marathon good stuff!

Till what? I thought DW usually comes on around 2pm eastern time.

6x01 The Impossible Astronaut (Discussion) (SPOILERS!!)

impossibleastronaut04.jpg

Official Synopsis

Four envelopes, numbered 2, 3 and 4, each containing a date, time and map reference, unsigned, but TARDIS blue. Who sent them? And who received the missing number one? This strange summons reunites the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River Song in the middle of the Utah desert and unveils a terrible secret the Doctor’s friends must never reveal to him.

Hopefully these 7 weeks will go by real slow

Less than an hour to go

is now a pony, it seems.
BBC America is re-showing all of series 5. Right now it's on my favorite episode, "Vincent and the Doctor."